Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers and other professionals in 21 U.S. offices, as well as Bogotá and Mexico City. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Holland & Knight Office Locations
Anchorage | Atlanta | Austin | Bogotá | Boston | Chicago
Dallas | Denver | Fort Lauderdale | Jacksonville | Lakeland
Los Angeles | Mexico City | Miami | New York | Northern Virginia
Orlando | Portland | San Francisco | Tallahassee | Tampa
Washington, D.C. | West Palm Beach
Holland & Knight has more than 400 lawyers in its Litigation Section. The firm is engaged in a broad range of civil and white collar litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- The 2015 Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide named Holland & Knight among the world's leading law firms in the area of Shipping Litigation, including an individual ranking for William J. Honan (March 2015).
- In the 2015 BTI Litigation Outlook report, Holland & Knight ranked among the top four general commercial litigation firms in the United States based on feedback from legal decision-makers at the world's largest companies. We were also recognized as a "Complex Commercial Litigation Standout" firm, and were identified among those leading the litigation market in the area of intellectual property litigation (October 2014).
- Frederick Braid, Kelly-Ann Cartwright, William deMeza, Jr. and Michael Starr were recognized for their work in Labor and Employment by Legal Media Group, publisher of the Euromoney Expert Guides series (October 2014).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 131 Litigation lawyers for inclusion in its 2015 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Commercial Litigation and Bet-the-Company Litigation (August 2014).
- The firm was recommended in the area of Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense – Aerospace/Aviation in the Legal 500 United States 2014 guide. The guide also selected the firm in the area of Construction and highlighted Litigation Partner Stephen Shapiro as a "Leading Lawyer" for the practice area (July 2014).
- More than 50 Litigation lawyers were listed in the 2014 Chambers USA guide, including high rankings in antitrust, bankruptcy/restructuring, construction, general commercial litigation, government contracts, intellectual property, labor and employment, media and entertainment, product liability and mass torts, aviation litigation, shipping litigation, road transportation, and white-collar crime and government investigations (May 2014).
- Holland & Knight was named one of the top trademark law firms in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (January 2013).
The Business Section has more than 300 lawyers in three major areas – Corporate Transactions, Financial Services and Private Wealth Services – and advises local, national and international clients on a broad range of matters and business transactions.
- The 2015 Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide named Holland & Knight among the world's leading firms in Global-wide: Aviation: Finance and Shipping Finance; Latin America-wide: Banking & Finance and Corporate/M&A and USA: Corporate/M&A. Thirteen lawyers also were chosen for individual rankings, including in Colombia Corporate/M&A, Latin America-wide Corporate/M&A; Global-wide Aviation: Finance and Global-wide Shipping Finance; USA Shipping and Liberia Shipping; Global-wide International Private Client; Latin America-Wide Capital Markets, Mexico Capital Markets and USA Capital Markets; Latin America-wide Banking & Finance and USA Banking & Finance; and USA Outsourcing (March 2015).
- Directors & Boards magazine has ranked Holland & Knight as one of the nation's top 10 law firms for dealing with director liability issues for eight consecutive years. Corporate directors also ranked the firm as one of the top five for general corporate governance issues and board-level M&A issues (2007-2014).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2015 guide selected several practice groups in the firm for national first-tier rankings, including Banking and Finance, Corporate, Equipment Finance, Health Care, Insurance, M&A, International Trade & Finance, Securities/Capital Markets, Securitization/Structured Finance, Tax, and Trust & Estates (November 2014).
- The 2015 Chambers Latin America guide ranked 9 Business attorneys among Latin America's best advisors (September 2014).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 75 Holland & Knight Business lawyers for inclusion in the 2015 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Trusts and Estates and Finance Law (August 2014).
- The Bond Buyer ranked Holland & Knight as the #1 bond counsel firm in the Southeast, credited with a total of $1.46 billion in sales in the first half of 2014 (August 2014). The firm was also ranked as the fifth most active bond counsel in the United States for competitive offerings (July 2014).
- Legal 500 United States recommended Holland & Knight's Asset Finance & Leasing practice as well as the Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts group in its 2014 edition. Structured Finance Partners Fred Bass and John Pritchard were also highlighted as "Leading Lawyers" in the guide (July 2014).
- The 2014 Chambers USA guide listed 42 Business lawyers, including high rankings in banking and finance, corporate/M&A, private equity, healthcare, Latin American investment, tax, aviation finance, shipping finance and wealth management (May 2014).
With more than 240 lawyers and professionals, Holland & Knight's Real Estate Section is one of the largest of any U.S. law firm. Our broad geographic footprint allows us to serve developers, owners, tenants, lenders and managers of all real estate asset classes including office, retail, industrial, multifamily and hotels.
- Holland & Knight was honored by LatinFinance magazine for its role in Fibra UNO's US$2.5 billion follow-on public offering, named the 2014 Follow-on Equity Deal of the Year, recognized as "the largest-ever Latin American real estate equity sale" and "one of the largest REITs in the Americas" (January 2015).
- Holland & Knight's Real Estate Section was ranked by Law360 as one of the top 10 largest practice groups in the U.S. on the Real Estate Law360 100 list (November 2014).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2015 guide selected the Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law practice groups for national first-tier rankings, and awarded metropolitan first-tier rankings in the following markets: Boston, Chicago, Jacksonville, Miami, New York City, Orlando, San Francisco, Tampa and Washington, D.C. (November 2014). Holland & Knight was also named "2014 Law Firm of the Year" in Land Use and Zoning (November 2013).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 62 Holland & Knight Real Estate lawyers for inclusion in the 2015 guide. Holland & Knight was recognized as a top-listed firm in the U.S. in Land Use and Zoning Law (August 2014).
- Holland & Knight has been ranked in the top 20 real estate law firms nationwide by Multi Housing News magazine for three years in a row (August 2014).
- The Land Use and Zoning Team secured a first-tier ranking by Legal 500 United States in its 2014 edition, which also recommended the firm in the area of Real Estate and Construction. Land Use and Environment Partner Joseph Goldstein was also highlighted as a "Leading Lawyer" in the guide (July 2014).
- 33 Real Estate attorneys from eight different markets were listed in the 2014 Chambers USA guide, including No. 1 rankings in Real Estate (Washington, D.C.) and Land Use and Zoning (California and Florida) (May 2014).
Holland & Knight's Government Section has more than 100 attorneys and professionals engaged in federal, state, local and tribal government affairs, regulatory counseling and related disciplines.
- Holland & Knight was named in The Hill's list of "Top 10 Lobbying Victories of the Year" for 2014 for the firm's sunscreen regulation work with the PASS Coalition (December 2014).
- The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2015 guide selected Holland & Knight for metropolitan first-tier rankings in Government Relations in the following markets: Chicago, Tallahassee and Washington, D.C. (November 2014).
- Association TRENDS ranked Holland & Knight among the top 10 in its "2014 Top Lobbying Firms" list (October 2014).
- Former Congressman Gerry Sikorski (D-MN), Partner Richard Gold and Partner Kathryn Hazeem Lehman were recognized by The Hill as D.C.'s Top Lobbyists (October 2014).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 27 Holland & Knight Government lawyers for inclusion in the 2015 guide (August 2014).
- National Law Journal ranked Holland & Knight among the top ten most successful lobbying firms in the nation in its "Influence 50" list (July 2014).
- 18 Government lawyers were listed in the 2014 Chambers USA guide (May 2014).
Diversity, Public Service and Charitable Giving
Holland & Knight has a long history of commitment to diversity and supporting our communities through pro bono legal work, community service and charitable giving.
- Holland & Knight received a "perfect score" on the annual Corporate Equality Index 2015 by Human Rights Campaign (November 2014).
- Holland & Knight earned Gold Standard Certification from The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for a fourth year in a row for its achievement in providing women attorneys with opportunities for financial success and positions at the highest level of firm leadership (June 2014).
- The firm ranked third in The American Lawyer magazine's 2014 Diversity Scorecard for the number of Hispanic attorneys (May 2014).
- Chambers USA Women in the Law presented Holland & Knight with the 2014 "Most Innovative Gender Diversity Award" for the firm's Rising Star program that includes yearlong leadership, mentoring, marketing and management activities for women attorneys to help them elevate their profiles in the profession and community (April 2014).
- Working Mother magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers named Holland & Knight one of 50 "2012 Best Law Firms for Women" in recognition of the firm's commitment to the retention and advancement of women (November 2012).