Holland & Knight is a global law firm with more than 1,000 lawyers and other professionals in 20 U.S. offices, as well as Abu Dhabi, Bogotá and Mexico City. Our lawyers provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Interdisciplinary practice groups and industry-based teams provide clients with access to attorneys throughout the firm, regardless of location.
Holland & Knight Office Locations
Abu Dhabi | Anchorage | Atlanta | Austin | Bogotá | Boston | Chicago
Dallas | Fort Lauderdale | Jacksonville | Lakeland | Los Angeles
Mexico City | Miami | New York | Northern Virginia | Orlando
Portland | San Francisco | Tallahassee | Tampa
Washington, D.C. | West Palm Beach
Holland & Knight has more than 400 lawyers in its Litigation Section. The firm is engaged in a broad range of civil and white collar litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- The firm was recommended in the area of Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense – Aerospace/Aviation in the Legal 500 United States 2014 guide. The guide also selected the firm in the area of Construction and highlighted Litigation Partner Stephen Shapiro as a "Leading Lawyer" for the practice area (July 2014).
- More than 50 Litigation lawyers were listed in the 2014 Chambers USA guide, including high rankings in antitrust, bankruptcy/restructuring, construction, general commercial litigation, government contracts, intellectual property, labor and employment, media and entertainment, product liability and mass torts, aviation litigation, shipping litigation, road transportation, and white-collar crime and government investigations (May 2014).
- The 2014 Chambers Global Guide – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business named Holland & Knight among the world's leading law firms in the area of Shipping Litigation, including an individual ranking for William J. Honan (March 2014).
- In 2013, BTI Consulting Group named Holland & Knight a top 20 law firm and "Standout" in the area of complex commercial litigation, based on feedback from corporate counsel.
- Best Lawyers in America selected 116 Litigation lawyers for inclusion in its 2014 guide (August 2013).
- Holland & Knight was named one of the top trademark law firms in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World's Leading Trademark Professionals (January 2013).
- Chester D. Hooper, William J. Honan and Randal Robert Craft Jr. were named The Best of the Best USA 2011 in their respective practice areas by Legal Media Group, publisher of the Euromoney Expert Guides series.
The Business Section has more than 300 lawyers in three major areas – Corporate Transactions, Financial Services and Private Wealth Services – and advises local, national and international clients on a broad range of matters and business transactions
- Legal 500 United States recommended Holland & Knight's Asset Finance & Leasing practice as well as the Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts group in its 2014 edition. Structured Finance Partners Fred Bass and John Pritchard were also highlighted as "Leading Lawyers" in the guide (July 2014).
- The 2014 Chambers USA guide listed 42 Business lawyers, including high rankings in banking and finance, corporate/M&A, private equity, healthcare, Latin American investment, tax, aviation finance, shipping finance and wealth management (May 2014).
- The 2014 Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide named Holland & Knight among the world's leading firms in Global-wide: Asset Finance and Shipping Finance; Latin America-wide: Corporate/M&A and USA: Corporate/M&A. Ten lawyers also were chosen for individual rankings, including in Colombia Corporate/M&A, Latin America-wide Corporate/M&A and USA Corporate/M&A; Global-wide Asset Finance and Global-wide Shipping Finance; USA Shipping and Liberia Shipping; Global-wide International Private Client; Latin America-Wide Capital Markets, Mexico Capital Markets and USA Capital Markets; Latin America-wide Banking & Finance and USA Banking & Finance; USA Investment Funds; and USA Outsourcing (March 2014).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 81 Holland & Knight Business lawyers for inclusion in the 2014 guide. Holland & Knight had more lawyers recognized for Trusts and Estates, Equipment Finance Law, and International Trade and Finance Law than any other law firm (August 2013).
- Directors & Boards magazine has ranked Holland & Knight as the nation's top law firm for dealing with director liability issues for seven consecutive years. Corporate directors also ranked the firm as one of the top five for general corporate governance issues and board-level M&A issues (2007-2013).
- Lawyer Monthly's Legal Awards named Holland & Knight the "2012 Insurance Firm of the Year." The firm was honored for its achievement in responding to the demands of the post-recession business environment and the recent global economic turmoil (September 2012).
- The Best of the Best USA 2011 named Richard A. Crowley, William B. Piels, Richard Raysman, Fred Bass and John F. Pritchard in their respective practice areas.
With more than 240 lawyers and professionals, Holland & Knight's Real Estate Section is one of the largest of any U.S. law firm. Our broad geographic footprint allows us to serve developers, owners, tenants, lenders and managers of all real estate asset classes including office, retail, industrial, multifamily and hotels.
- The Land Use and Zoning Team secured a first-tier ranking by Legal 500 United States in its 2014 edition, which also recommended the firm in the area of Real Estate and Construction. Land Use and Environment Partner Joseph Goldstein was also highlighted as a "Leading Lawyer" in the guide (July 2014).
- 33 Real Estate attorneys from eight different markets were listed in the 2013 Chambers USA guide, including No. 1 rankings in Real Estate (Washington, D.C.) and Land Use and Zoning (California and Florida) (May 2014).
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® named Holland & Knight the "2014 Law Firm of the Year" in Land Use & Zoning. The Real Estate Section also earned metropolitan first-tier rankings in the following markets: Boston, Chicago, Jacksonville, Miami, New York City, Orlando, Tampa and Washington, D.C. (November 2013).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 55 Holland & Knight Real Estate lawyers for inclusion in the 2014 guide. Holland & Knight leads the nation with the most attorneys listed in the area of Land Use and Zoning (August 2013).
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers® named Holland & Knight the "2013 Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law. The Real Estate Section also earned metropolitan first-tier rankings in the following markets: Boston, Chicago, Jacksonville, Miami, New York City, Orlando, Tallahassee, Tampa and Washington, D.C. (November 2012).
- Holland & Knight was ranked as one of the "Top Midwest Real Estate Law Firms" in the 2012 Best of the Best Midwest Real Estate News issue (June 2012).
- Holland & Knight has been named the "Law Firm of the Year" in the Washington, D.C., area by the Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors three times in the past five years (April 2012).
Holland & Knight's Government Section has more than 100 attorneys and professionals engaged in federal, state, local and tribal government affairs, regulatory counseling and related disciplines.
- 18 Government lawyers were listed in the 2014 Chambers USA guide (May 2014).
- Best Lawyers in America selected 26 Holland & Knight Government lawyers for inclusion in the 2014 guide (August 2013).
- Former Congressman Gerry Sikorski (D-MN), head of Holland & Knight's Government Section, Richard Gold, head of the firm's Public Policy & Regulation Group, and Partner Kathryn Hazeem Lehman were recognized by The Hill as Washington, D.C.'s Top Lobbyists (October 2012).
- Roll Call ranked Holland & Knight among the top 10 lobbying firms in its "Top 25 Lobby Shops of 2011" list (January 2012).
- National Law Journal's Legal Times: News from Washington named Holland & Knight the "Best of Legal Times" winner in the "Law Firm Government Affairs/Lobbying" category in its first annual readership survey (December 2011).
- National Law Journal ranked Holland & Knight among the top five most successful lobbying firms in the nation in its annual "Influence 50" list (November 2011).
Diversity, Public Service and Charitable Giving
Holland & Knight has a long history of commitment to diversity and supporting our communities through pro bono legal work, community service and charitable giving.
- Holland & Knight earned Gold Standard Certification from The Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for a fourth year in a row for its achievement in providing women attorneys with opportunities for financial success and positions at the highest level of firm leadership (June 2014).
- The firm ranked third in The American Lawyer magazine's 2014 Diversity Scorecard for the number of Hispanic attorneys (May 2014).
- Chambers USA Women in the Law presented Holland & Knight with the 2014 "Most Innovative Gender Diversity Award" for the firm's Rising Star program that includes yearlong leadership, mentoring, marketing and management activities for women attorneys to help them elevate their profiles in the profession and community (April 2014).
- Working Mother magazine and Flex-Time Lawyers named Holland & Knight one of 50 "2012 Best Law Firms for Women" in recognition of the firm's commitment to the retention and advancement of women (November 2012).