Michael T. Abramson is a registered patent attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Intellectual Property Group, who focuses his practice on a wide variety of patent transactions. Mr. Abramson is well-versed in patent drafting and patent prosecution, patent due diligence, patent litigation support, and patent portfolio management and strategy. He frequently handles matters requiring extensive analysis and strategy for subject matter eligibility under 35 U.S.C. §101.
Mr. Abramson's clients range from individual inventors and startups to blue chip companies. He works with both U.S. and international clients, including in-house counsel, to obtain an in-depth understanding of current and future business goals and advises them on strategic management and growth of their overall patent portfolio, with a focus on green space, patents by competitors, defensive and offensive patent portfolio strategy and cost-benefit analyses.
Mr. Abramson handles a broad range of technical subject matter, including, but not limited to, smartphone apps, network communications, audio/video streaming, IP telephony systems, network protection, advanced computer network and file system architectures, computer hardware and software, storage technologies, optics, cryptography, electrical/mechanical/medical devices, semiconductor devices, power supplies, graphical user interfaces, antenna design, natural language processing, business methods and consumer products.
Mr. Abramson also has an active pro bono legal practice and participates in Holland & Knight’s 9/11 Day of Service.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Abramson practiced at a boutique intellectual property law firm in Boston.
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, with distinction
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Boston Patent Law Association
- The Boston Entrepreneurs' Network (ENET)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Alpha Tau Omega
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine, 2013, 2014, 2017-2020