Tim Barnett is an asset finance lawyer who focuses on aircraft transactional work, including finance and leasing, and has experience involving complex, large-scale transfers of commercial fleets.
Mr. Barnett advises a wide range of clients, including banks, lessors and airlines. In 2018 and 2019, he undertook a six-month secondment with one of the largest owners and lessors of commercial aircraft, the most active aircraft trader and one of the global leaders in aircraft leasing and aviation finance.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Barnett worked for a number of international firms based in London.
- Regularly acts for some of the market leading aircraft owning/leasing companies, including sale and novation documents and related ancillary documents
- Acts for a number of aircraft owning/leasing companies as well as banks in relation to a range of financing transactions and resulting security requirements, including releasing security at the end of the financing terms
- Advised an airline on one of the first Balthazar finance structures relating to several Airbus A320 aircraft
- Regularly acts for one of the world's largest helicopter leasing companies, including deliveries to operators in a wide range of jurisdictions
- Acts for a major Middle Eastern airline managing new deliveries of aircraft, as well as sale/leaseback transactions at and after delivery
- The University of Law, LPC
- University of Leeds (England), M.A.
- University of Leeds (England), B.A.
- England and Wales