Fred Bass is of counsel at Holland & Knight and a member of the firm's Asset Finance Group. He has extensive experience in a wide range of asset-based financings, including the financing and leasing of aircraft, renewable energy facilities, rail cars, satellites, vessels, manufacturing plants and infrastructure assets, as well as a variety of commercial lending, structured finance and cross-border transactions.
Mr. Bass has considerable experience in domestic and cross-border aircraft financing and leasing transactions, including secured loans, operating and leveraged leases, sale/leasebacks, export credit agency supported financings, purchases and sales of new and used aircraft and lease portfolios, asset-backed security (ABS) transactions, enhanced equipment trust certificate offerings, pre-delivery deposit facilities, transactions with credit enhancements and manufacturer support arrangements, like-kind exchanges, and bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy workouts and restructurings.
- Columbia University Law School, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S.
- New Jersey
- New York
- American Bar Association
- ABA Aircraft Financing Subcommittee
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
- The Loan Syndications and Trading Association (LSTA)
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing, 2011-2013; Transportation: Aviation: Finance, 2011-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Equipment Finance Law, 2006-2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, New York City Equipment Finance Lawyer of the Year, 2018, 2021
- The Legal 500 USA, Asset Finance and Leasing, 2012-2018; Aviation and Air Travel, 2017-2020
- Who’s Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Finance, 2014-2021
- The Best of the Best USA, Aviation, Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, 2013-2018, 2020
- Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, 2013-2020
- New York Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2020
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Empire State Counsel (for providing pro bono legal services)