Michelle Bayat is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office and a member of the firm’s Private Wealth Services Group. Ms. Bayat's practice is primarily focused on trusts, estates and donations made to nationwide charitable organizations. Her work focuses on ensuring that charitable organizations maximize and accelerate their bequest revenues.
Ms. Bayat previously interned at Holland & Knight in the Jacksonville and Washington, D.C., offices, where she gained significant legal experience in environmental law, administrative law, lobbying and business.
During law school, Ms. Bayat worked with the public defender's office as an investigative intern. Also during law school, Ms. Bayat served as the executive student director of Florida Coastal School of Law's Pro Bono Program, and she was recognized with pro bono honors upon completing more than 125 hours of pro bono work. In addition, Ms. Bayat was a senior clinician in the Florida Coastal School of Law Immigration and Human Rights Clinic. This experience allowed her to explore a plethora of issues ranging from immigration to human rights and family law.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- Jacksonville University, MBA
- Jacksonville University, B.S., Political Science
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- American University of Afghanistan, Trustee
- Jacksonville University Presidential Leadership Advisory Council, 2014
- Brumos Circle of Excellence, Jacksonville University, 2015