Blake Michael Bernard
Blake Bernard focuses on patent and trademark prosecution and enforcement of intellectual property rights in the areas of patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret law. Mr. Bernard primarily prosecutes patents in the mechanical, electromechanical and industrial arts. His technical background is in mechanical engineering, including designing portable medicinal refrigeration equipment for the CDC and working on industrial engineering and optimization processes for a large grocery supplier. He was also a teaching assistant for the physics department at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Mr. Bernard enjoys working with clients as they develop new products that could evolve into the next big thing. He frequently prepares freedom to operate opinions related to new product development and marketing efforts for clients ranging from start-ups to well-established corporations. He also represents private equity and venture capital investors in due diligence and analysis of international patent portfolios held by target companies.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, with highest honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors
- Nashville Bar Association Race Judicata Committee, Co-Chair
- Tennessee Intellectual Property Law Association (TIPLA)
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Ones to Watch, Patent Law, 2021-2023
- Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, Rising Stars, 2020-2021