Franni Bernstein is a New York real estate attorney who represents clients in a range of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development and sale of commercial and residential properties. Ms. Bernstein focuses on the representation of owners and developers of condominiums in connection with the development and sale of real estate in New York and the advisory of condominium and cooperative boards in their day-to-day affairs.
Ms. Bernstein's experience includes:
- representing owners of condominium developments in New York through the process of condominium creation, initial offering plan submissions and subsequent amendments submitted to the Office of the New York Attorney General
- representing sponsors of condominiums in New York in contract negotiations and closings for residential condominium units, and representing shareholders of cooperatives in New York in contract negotiations and the transfer of shares for cooperative apartments
- advising lenders in connection with their financing of condominiums in New York
During law school, Ms. Bernstein was an editor of the Annual Survey of American Law Journal. She also participated in the Immigrant Defense Clinic, aiding in the representation of detained noncitizens in conjunction with The Legal Aid Society's Immigration Law Unit.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Barnard College, Columbia University, B.A.
- New York
- Phoebe Morrison Memorial Award in Political Science, Barnard College, Columbia University, 2015