Sanford L. Bohrer is an attorney in the firm's Miami office and co-chair of the National Media Team. He concentrates his practice in the area of business litigation and litigates class actions in state and federal courts, including appeals throughout the United States. His business litigation practice also includes product liability and intellectual property disputes. Mr. Bohrer was special counsel to the Department of Children & Families from 2009 to 2010. He has an extensive media law practice and has represented the press in most of the major media cases that have arisen in South Florida, including representing the press before the Supreme Court on four occasions. He has represented publishers and broadcasters in approximately 100 defamation, privacy and intellectual property cases.
Mr. Bohrer has taught communications law, civil trial advocacy, and classes relating to children and the media and intolerance and the media. He also founded Florida's First Amendment Hotline.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A., with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Prevent Child Abuse America, Board of Directors
- Citrus Health Network, Board of Directors
- American Law Institute, Advisor to Children and the Law Restatement
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - First Amendment, 1993-2022; Commercial Litigation, 2006-2022; Media Law, 2008-2022; Intellectual Property Law, 2012-2022; First Amendment Law, 2015-2022, 2021; Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2017-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Litigation - First Amendment Lawyer of the Year, 2013, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Media Law Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Litigation: General Commercial, 2009-2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2021
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, Business Litigation, Media Law, 2006-2021
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated