Maria Cabrera is a corporate services attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office, where she focuses on mergers and acquisitions and the structuring of projects related to real estate, infrastructure, public utilities and natural resources.
Ms. Cabrera has experience in the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of a breadth of agreements, including stock purchase, shareholders' agreements (SHAs), pledges, purchase and sales, leases, concessions, easements and trusts. She provides analysis and consultation regarding regulatory requirements for projects in Colombia and helps clients obtain permits and licenses. Ms. Cabrera also advises domestic and multinational clients on rural and urban development, infrastructure and corporate matters, among others.
In addition, Ms. Cabrera is well versed in advising small companies to large corporations in a variety of industries, including transportation and infrastructure such as roads, ports and airports, as well as hydrocarbon, mining, public utilities, telecommunications and real estate.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Cabrera served as a senior attorney for the Colombia Division of Parque Arauco, which owns and operates shopping centers, hotels, office complexes and commercial properties in Chile, Peru and Colombia.
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Specialization, Environmental Law
- Universidad del Rosario, J.D.
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Scholarship of Academic Excellence, Outstanding Results on the Examen del Instituto Colombiano para la Educación Superior (ICFES State Exam), Jenaro Diaz Jordan Fund and Department of Huila, 2005
- Scholarship for Postgraduate Program, Outstanding Results on the Examen de Estado de Calidad de la Educación Superior (ECAES State Exam), University Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, 2011