José Francisco Cárdenas González is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Monterrey office. Mr. Cárdenas has in-depth experience in corporate, transactional law and international matters. He has advised domestic and foreign companies in corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions (M&As), financing, joint ventures, legal due diligence spinoffs and divestitures.
Mr. Cárdenas also consults clients on various legal issues for different sectors and industries, mainly in the automotive industry. He guides companies in negotiating commercial contracts and in their day-to-day operations. He also assists with legal implementation of commercial strategies in Mexico and other countries.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cárdenas was a corporate and transactional attorney for a leading Mexican law firm and legal counsel for a leading transnational automotive company.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Cárdenas is also a dedicated law lecturer at the Universidad de Monterrey (UDEM) Law School.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Corporate Law
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, LL.M., Private Law
- Universidad de Monterrey, J.D.
- Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados, A.C.
- Best Lawyers, Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2023
- Dean's Graduate Award, New York University School of Law, 2017