Deisy Castro is a Los Angeles labor and employment attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Labor, Employment and Benefits Group. Ms. Castro's practice focuses on complex wage and hour litigation, including bet-the-company litigation involving off-the-clock, overtime, minimum wage, exempt or non-exempt misclassification, independent contractor or contingent worker misclassification, and meal and rest break claims. She represents employers in such wage and hour collective, class and multi-plaintiff actions nationwide through each stage of the litigation process. Ms. Castro also defends employers in connection with labor and employment matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination. She defends clients in matters pending in state and federal courts and agencies.
Ms. Castro also regularly counsels employers on a variety of employment issues, including proper employee classification, compensation, hiring processes and procedures, workforce reductions, termination and disciplinary decisions, arbitration agreements, disability accommodations, medical leaves, immigration concerns, and workplace policies and handbooks.
Ms. Castro has experience advising and representing clients across multiple industries, including finance, technology, communications, hospitality, healthcare and retail, among others.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
- Stanford University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Hispanic National Bar Association, 2020-Present
- National Employment Law Council, 2017-Present
- National Employment Law Council, Academy Fellow, 2017, 2018