Mike Chiang is a corporate attorney with more than two decades of legal experience representing many multinational corporations in various industries. He provides comprehensive representation regarding joint ventures, venture capital and private equity investments; mergers and acquisitions; inbound and outbound investments; technology transfers; sales and distribution transactions; and cross-border litigation and arbitration matters.
Mr. Chiang's experience includes:
- advising a client in a tri-party joint venture for the production and distribution of premium vans in China
- advising a client in establishing a major retail development project in Beijing
- for eight years, acted as the primary outside counsel for an Asian private equity fund regarding all of its investment projects in China
- advising a client in setting up a biopharma research and production facility in China and assisting it to subsequently sell the facilities to a major U.S. biopharma company
- assisting a client to acquire the technology and know-how for production of automobiles from a European automobile company for establishing its manufacturing and distribution operation in Asia Pacific under its own new brand
- advising a client regarding its nationwide real estate brokerage operation in China
In addition to his corporate practice, Mr. Chiang is well-versed in litigation and arbitration matters. He has substantial experience in advising on resolution of cross-border disputes, including assisting many multinational corporations with various disputes and issues arising from their operations in China and other parts of Asia. Mr. Chiang has represented clients in arbitrations before the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and in several U.S. and U.K. litigations.
Mr. Chiang has taught technology law and cross-border dispute resolution as an adjunct assistant professor at East China University of Political Science and Law in Shanghai and several other universities for many years, and frequently speaks on related topics.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, LL.M.
- Chinese Culture University, LL.B.
- New York
- Chinese - Mandarin