Frank Coman is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office. Mr. Coman focuses his practice on commercial real estate due diligence, particularly in the area of title and land survey review. Mr. Coman is a former state counsel for a national title insurance underwriter and provides title and survey review services for complex commercial mortgage financing transactions, lease and license abstracting services, and advises on commercial lending licensing procedures.
Mr. Coman's representative matters include:
- reviewed and commented on title evidence for more than 5,000 timber parcels located in Oregon and Washington, along with seven paper mills located in California, Idaho, Utah and Washington, from information posted on a website to facilitate financing in the amount of $1.35 billion for the acquisition of a major Washington timber company
- supervised the title and survey review of multiple portfolios of shopping center properties held by one of the largest retail property owners in the United States
- reviewed, commented on and supervised a team of attorneys and paralegals reviewing title and survey of multiple medical office facilities on behalf of a real estate investment trust (REIT) in connection with the acquisition of those assets
- participated with team members on the title/survey reviews for the acquisition/financing of 28 bank branches in New Jersey; at the completion of the second phase of financing, provided final review and approval of client's title policy
- in separate loan transactions, provided title and survey review services with respect to portfolios of multifamily properties in San Francisco and Brooklyn, New York; hotel properties in New Orleans; and office properties in California, Maryland
- provided real estate due diligence services for the acquisition and financing of medical office buildings throughout the southeastern United States