Brent Cooper is a Tallahassee litigation attorney who works with a wide variety of clients, including those in the industries of health insurance, representation and warranty insurance (RWI), general commercial liability insurance and maritime insurance. Mr. Cooper has experience assisting clients at all stages of trial and appellate litigation in state and federal court (as well as disputes in arbitration), including evaluating litigation risks, preparing and answering lawsuits, serving and responding to discovery, preparing for depositions, arguing dispositive motions, managing litigation teams, mediation, preparing for trial, appeals and negotiating settlements.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Cooper worked for an international law firm in Houston, Texas, with corporate clients in a wide variety of industries, including real estate, financial services, upstream and midstream oil and gas, metals manufacturing, solar power and insurance.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Cooper served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jennifer Walker Elrod of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Economics and Philosophy, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- The University of Chicago Law Review, Managing Editor, 2016-2018
- The Florida Bar, Second Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law (UPL) Committee, 2023-Present
- Joseph Henry Beale Prize for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing, The University of Chicago Law School, 2016
- Phi Beta Kappa