Francis W. Costello is a senior partner in Holland & Knight's Business Law Section in the firm's Los Angeles office and is a member of the International and Cross Border Transactions Practice. His practice includes the representation of foreign and domestic companies in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and a wide range of marketing and distribution matters. A substantial portion of his practice relates to the representation of Japanese and other East Asian companies doing business directly in the U.S. or through a U.S. subsidiary. He also has extensive experience in organizing non-profit entities in the U.S. for the support of both domestic and foreign charitable activities.
Mr. Costello spent two and one-half years on assignment with the law firm of Anderson, Mori & Rabinowitz in Tokyo, Japan. He was resident in the Los Angeles office of Whitman & Ransom (later Whitman Breed Abbot & Morgan LLP) from the time that office was opened in late 1976 until July 2000. He, together with the other lawyers and staff of that office, joined Holland & Knight on August 1, 2000. He has served as a member of Holland & Knight's Directors Committee.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Columbia University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, International Trade and Finance Law, 2006-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Los Angeles International Trade and Finance Law Lawyer of the Year, 2013, 2020, 2022
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Executive Editor
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who In America