Kelsie Gene Crippen
Kelsie Crippen is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Portland office. Ms. Crippen focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation.
Ms. Crippen has experience litigating commercial disputes in federal courts, state courts, and arbitration in a variety of areas, including breach of contract, shareholder and partnership disputes, securities litigation, racketeering and class actions. She also has experience representing individuals, public and private companies and government entities.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Crippen was an attorney at a boutique litigation firm in Portland, where she practiced complex commercial litigation. Prior to that, Ms. Crippen served as a law clerk for the Honorable Martha L. Walters of the Oregon Supreme Court.
While in law school, Ms. Crippen served as a law clerk for the Oregon Solicitor General's office for the Oregon Department of Justice, where she handled dozens of appeals, including arguing in front of the Oregon Court of Appeals. Ms. Crippen also externed for the Honorable Jolie Russo of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. In addition, she served as director of the Women's Law Forum and managing editor of the Oregon Law Review, for which she received the Jeannette M. Lavender Exemplary Leadership Award.
Ms. Crippen maintains an active pro bono practice and has successfully tried cases on behalf of domestic violence survivors.
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D.
- University of Montana, B.A., Political Science
- All Appellate Courts in Oregon
- All State Courts in Oregon
- All U.S. District Courts in Oregon
- Fora Health, Board Member, 2022-Present
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon Historical Society, Board Member, 2021-Present
- Jefferson High School Mock Trial Team, Coach, 2019-Present
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Associate Committee Member, 2021-2022
- Order of the Coif