Rita Dattola is an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. Ms. Dattola practices in the area of real estate and is experienced in a broad range of commercial and residential real estate development, including acquisition and sales of property, office and retail leasing, real estate management, and office park developments and financing.
In addition, Ms. Dattola has extensive experience in representing developers in converting residential properties to cooperative and condominium forms of ownership, as well as representing individuals purchasing and selling cooperative and condominiums.
Ms. Dattola also has experience in the public sector, having formerly served as a New York State Assistant Attorney General in the Real Estate Finance Bureau and as an attorney with the New York City Department of Housing Preservation & Development.
- Ground lease for hotel development in mid-town Manhattan, including transfer of development rights
- Numerous leases and sublease for Manhattan office space, including leases and subleases for more than 80,000 square feet of office space
- Joint venture agreements for the development and operation of hotels and office buildings, representing hotel developers and real estate equity funds
- Mortgage financing for a portfolio of multi-family properties owned by multiple partnerships
- Acquisition and disposition of Manhattan office buildings
- Numerous restaurant leases for Manhattan hotels
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- New York
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Lawyers Alliance for New York, Cornerstone Award, 2016
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star, 2014
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated