Pedro de Elizalde is a financial transactions attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office and a member of the firm's Corporate Services Team. Mr. de Elizalde primarily advises clients in cross-border banking, project finance, acquisition finance and other financial transactions in Latin America. Mr. de Elizalde also advises clients in capital markets transactions, including equity and debt corporate issuances for a variety of corporations in critical industry sectors such as technology, aviation, oil and gas, mining, power generation and toll roads.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. de Elizalde was an associate in the Capital Markets and Finance practices of an international law firm in its New York office. Mr. de Elizalde has also worked for top-tier law firms in Argentina and Brazil, and in the public sector as legal counsel for the Ministry of the Treasury of Argentina from 2018 to 2019.
Not yet admitted to New York Bar; admitted to Argentina Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in New York.
- Represented the joint bookrunners in connection with an offering by a Mexican state-owned oil company offering of $1.5 billion of 6.875 percent notes due 2025
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million of 4 percent senior secured notes due 2048 by a trust settled under Panamanian law by a Panamanian state-owned toll road company
- Represented an ultra-low-cost airline serving Mexico, the United States and Central America, in connection with a primary follow-on equity offering in which such company offered 134 million of its ordinary participation certificates (certificados de participación ordinarios) in the form of American depositary shares (ADSs) at a price to the public of $11.25 per ADS
- Represented the consent solicitation agents on an Argentine province's restructuring of its outstanding $300 million 7.75 percent notes due 2025
- Represented an Argentine province on the successful restructuring of approximately $1.67 billion of the province's outstanding aggregate U.S. dollar-denominated international bonds
- Represented a diversified Peruvian mining company, in connection with an offering by such company of $475 million of its 4.375 percent notes due 2026, and a concurrent offer to purchase for cash made by the company for up to $125 million of its 5.375 percent notes due 2022
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of $500 million aggregate principal amount of 2.72 percent subordinated preferred capital notes due 2031
- Represented the Panamanian government-owned operator of the country's principal international airport in connection with the offering of $555 million principal amount of its 4 percent senior secured notes due 2041, and $1.3 billion principal amount of its 5.125 percent senior secured notes due 2061
- Represented a Chilean state-owned enterprise in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $560 million, 3.450 percent notes due 2031
- Represented the sole global coordinator and the joint bookrunners in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $1.1 billion, 4.550 percent senior secured notes due 2051 issued by a newly formed company wholly owned indirectly by a Chilean electricity transmission company and certain investment funds to consummate the $1.35 billion acquisition of another Chilean electricity transmission company
- Represented the dealers in connection with the offering by the Chilean subsidiary of a Spanish bank of $500 million, 3.177 percent senior fixed-rate notes due 2031 issued under the bank's $5.5 billion medium-term notes program
- Represented a Colombian state-owned oil company in connection with a public offering of $1.25 billion aggregate principal amount of its 4.625 percent notes due 2031, and $750 million aggregate principal amount of its 5.875 percent bonds due 2051
- Represented a Dominican power generation company in connection with the issuance of $300 million, 5.625 percent sustainability linked senior notes due 2028
- Represented a Chilean bank in connection with its inaugural Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $500 million, 2.990 percent fixed-rate notes due 2031 issued under its $3 billion medium-term notes program
- Represented the initial purchasers and dealer managers in connection with a Latin American country's issuance of $850 million, 7.50 percent notes due 2030, in an offering of new notes and in a liability management transaction consisting of separate offers to purchase for cash and offers to exchange its three outstanding series of U.S.-dollar denominated notes
- Represented the remarketing agent and initial purchaser in connection with the remarketing of $1.5 billion, 8.750 percent notes due 2029 issued to certain of a Mexican state-owned company's suppliers
- Represented a diversified Peruvian mining company in connection with an offer to purchase for cash made by the company for up to $110 million of its 4.375 percent senior notes due 2026 and concurrent consent solicitation
- Represented the dealer managers and solicitation agents in connection with an offer to purchase for cash by a Mexican household appliance company of any and all of its 5.600 percent senior guaranteed notes due 2028
- Represented a publicly held Mexican corporation in the tender offer initiated by a vehicle in which certain shareholders of the corporation participated, as offeror, for up to: 1) any and all issued and outstanding Series B shares of the corporation held by U.S. holders, and 2) any and all issued and outstanding ADS (each of which represents 12 series B shares) of the corporation
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with an offering by a Colombian bank of $500 million of its 6.650 percent perpetual noncumulative additional tier 1 junior subordinated notes
- Represented a syndicate of lenders in connection with a $664 million revolving credit facility entered into by and among the U.S. subsidiary of a Mexican state-owned oil company, as borrower, the Mexican state-owned company, as a guarantor, and certain financial institutions thereunder, as lenders
- Represented a diversified Peruvian mining company, as borrower, and certain guarantors, in connection with a $400 million, four-year senior unsecured credit facility provided to the company by a syndicate of lenders
- Represented a Peruvian food and retail company, as borrower and parent guarantor, and its Uruguayan subsidiary, as borrower, in connection with a $220 million senior unsecured facility provided by a syndicate of lenders
- Represented the initial lender, in connection with a $125 million, five-year senior unsecured term loan facility for a Mexican food company, as borrower, to be used for the repayment of the company's existing indebtedness and general corporate purposes, and two other lenders in connection with a $100 million, five-year senior unsecured revolving credit facility for the same Mexican food company
- Represented a Nevada mining company as it closed its restart financing package; the restart financing package provides up to $123 million of liquidity to the company in order to support the restart and ramp-up of the company's underground copper mine
- Represented the joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, and the group of lenders in connection with a $160 million, three-year senior unsecured credit facility for a Colombian bank
- Represented the sole lead arranger and the lenders in connection with a $500 million, one-year senior secured credit facility for a U.S. subsidiary of a Mexican company to partially fund the acquisition of an oil refinery in the U.S.
- Represented the lenders in connection with a $200 million senior sustainability-linked credit facility for a Peruvian mining company and a Brazilian mining company.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M.
- Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, M.A., Law and Economics, summa cum laude
- Universidad de San Andrés, J.D.
- International Bar Association, 2015
- Alberto Lasheras Shine Corporate Law Scholarship, International Bar Association, Latin American Regional Forum, 2015