Joseph De Metro is a New York real estate attorney who focuses his practice on commercial leasing matters.
Mr. De Metro has significant experience representing a variety of prestigious landlords and tenants in connection with all areas of leasing office, retail and mixed-used projects throughout the New York City and national markets.
A highlight of Mr. De Metro’s recent engagements include:
- represented SL Green Realty Corp in connection with the leasing of more than 335,000 square feet of office space to a technology tenant at Hudson Yards
- represented a national banking association in connection with the licensing of leased space to a retail coffee café licensee for purposes of operating its first "bank café" located in New York City
- represented the owners of several prominent Class A properties in New York City in connection with their leasing of office and retail space
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. De Metro was a real estate associate in the New York City office of an international law firm. In addition, Mr. De Metro was internal real estate corporate counsel for a Fortune 150 global coffee and food retailer, where he often served as primary counsel in the negotiation and structuring of new leasehold interests, including the leasing of ground-level retail in mixed-use high-rise buildings and the leasing of new retail locations in various shopping center scenarios (e.g., in-line retail, stand-alone outparcel drive-thrus and multitenant buildings benefiting from neighboring shopping center reciprocal easement arrangements).
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Bucknell University, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- American Bar Association
- The LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York (LeGaL)
- The National LGBT Bar Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020