Camila Del Villar Hernández is an environmental law attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office. She focuses her practice in the areas of energy, infrastructure and natural resources law and policy. She also advises governmental agencies and industrial organizations in the energy sector.
Ms. Del Villar primarily advises clients on environmental, oil and gas, mining, electric and infrastructure matters, including environmental licensing and prior consultation processes, audits, administrative procedures, due diligence processes and project finance. Additionally, she is well-versed in assisting clients with regulatory and environmental legal requirements applicable to large-scale projects in the industrial sector.
In addition to her environmental and regulatory experience, Ms Del Villar has participated as a speaker in multiple conferences on environmental and energy matters, including at the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce, the AmCham Colombia (Cámara de Comercio Colombo Americana) and the ANDI (National Business Association of Colombia). She also worked as a teacher assistant in the public administration master's program at Universidad de Los Andes.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Del Villar served as an environmental law professional for one of the "big four" law firms in Colombia. Previous to this role, she advised national and foreign companies on real estate, corporate and environmental law in Colombia at a local law firm in Bogotá.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, J.D.
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Specialization, Environmental Law
- Queen Mary University of London, LL.M., Environmental Law, with merit
- Queen Mary University of London, LL.M., Environmental Law Program, Merit Award, 2018
- Queen Mary University of London, LL.M., Environmental Law Program Dissertation with Distinction, 2018