Brittney Melissa Edwards
Brittney Edwards focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and arbitration, government investigations and enforcement actions, and corporate governance and internal investigations. She has represented clients in multiple industries, including technology, medical devices, and finance, in various commercial litigation matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, unfair competition, and other business torts. Ms. Edwards has also represented individuals in criminal proceedings.
- Obtained summary judgment for a business services company in a breach of contract matter
- Second-chair trial counsel in a two-week federal murder-for-hire trial
- Represented a multinational bank in a matter involving breach of fiduciary duty
- Represented a multinational technology company in a commercial lease dispute
- Represented a dental products developer and distributor in a licensing dispute
- Successfully defended a nonprofit corporation in a breach of contract dispute
- Represented an employee in a restrictive covenant dispute
Not yet admitted to Texas Bar; admitted to New York Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Texas.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington, B.A.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, Women's White Collar Defense Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association; Qui Tam Section
- New York Metro Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters (Business Litigation), 2016-2020