Seth Entin is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Miami office who focuses his practice on international taxation. Mr. Entin was named Miami Lawyer of the Year in Tax Law for 2016 by The Best Lawyers in America guide and is ranked in Band 1 for Tax in Florida by Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide.
Mr. Entin has experience handling international taxation of high-net-worth individuals, international corporate taxation, Internal Revenue Service international tax audits and litigation, and offshore voluntary disclosures.
In addition, Mr. Entin is a fellow of the American Tax Counsel, an adjunct professor of international taxation at the University of Miami School of Law, and regularly speaks at national and international tax conferences. He is also the director of International Tax Law for The Florida Bar Tax Section.
Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide has recognized Mr. Entin since 2007. Over the years, commenters to the guide have said he:
- "demonstrates a practical approach and a strong, sophisticated knowledge base"
- is "always focused on achieving the best possible results"
- provides "timely responses, innovative ideas, resolution of problems and formulation of detailed solutions"
- is "a hands-on, knowledgeable lawyer who can explain any issue in a straightforward way"
- "is able to explain his arguments with a solid rationale and in a very clear, tactful and diplomatic manner"
Mr. Entin has written for Tax Notes, Tax Notes International, Bloomberg Tax & Accounting and Law 360, and has been quoted by The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg BusinessWeek. In addition, Mr. Entin often speaks and chairs panel discussions in the United States and abroad at international tax conferences held by the American Bar Association (ABA), International Bar Association (IBA), International Fiscal Association (IFA), The Florida Bar and Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA). He also has passed the Certified Public Accountant exam.
- Planning for non-U.S. individuals investing into the United States
- Planning for non-U.S. families with descendants living in the United States
- Pre-immigration tax planning for non-U.S. individuals and families arriving in the United States
- Planning for U.S. individuals living, working or investing abroad or expatriating from the U.S.
- Planning for non-U.S. companies establishing U.S. operations
- Planning for U.S. companies establishing operations abroad
- Advises on international mergers and acquisitions (M&A), as well as other corporate transactions and restructurings
- Represented an Israeli pharmaceuticals company in its $2.3 billion acquisition of a Mexican pharmaceutical company through a series of debt-free and cash-free deals; the client received a portfolio of affiliated products, companies, intellectual property, pharmaceutical patents in Latin America and Europe
- Represented a multinational pharmaceuticals and diagnostics company in the $1.47 billion negotiation of a definitive merger agreement with a medical laboratories company
- Represented an operator of global exchanges in its first major investment in Israel
- Assists individuals who have failed to report foreign income or assets come into compliance with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Represents individuals and entities before the IRS and courts in international tax audits and litigation
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Barry University, MBA
- Talmudic University, B.T.L.
- Barry University, MPA
- American College of Tax Counsel, Fellow
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, International Tax Law, Director, 2008-Present; Outbound Tax Committee, Chair, 2005-2008
- American Bar Association
- Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- University of Miami Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor
- ITR World Tax guide, Tax Leader, 2020
- Who's Who Legal: Florida, Corporate Tax, 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tax Law, 2007-2021
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Tax, 2007-2020
- The Legal 500 USA, Tax – International Tax, 2009, 2011, 2013-2018; Tax – U.S. Taxes – Non-Contentious, 2017-2018
- Latin Lawyer 250, Tax, 2014, 2017
- Chambers Global – The World's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Corporate/M&A, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2012-2013
- Chambers Latin America – Latin America's Leading Lawyers for Business guide, Corporate/M&A, 2011, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Order of the Coif
- Dean's Honor Scholarship, University of Miami School of Law
- Book Award, Special Topics in Florida Law
- Book Award, Federal Income Tax I
- Book Award, U.S. Constitutional Law II
- Book Award, Labor Law
- Book Award, Contracts
- Book Award, Civil Procedure I
- Book Award, Taxation of Business Entities