Andrew Gillespie is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Denver office where he focuses his practice on credit origination, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and restructuring. He is well versed in counseling lenders and agent banks originating secured and unsecured loans across a wide range of industries, as well as private equity firms and real estate developers and investors in a variety of complex transactions.
Mr. Gillespie also spends considerable time advising clients in all aspects of corporate restructuring. He has significant experience representing clients in corporate bankruptcy proceedings, including auctions (363 sales), debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing and related litigation, which he brings to bear when assisting clients developing solutions to distressed situations.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Gillespie worked in the fields of commercial real estate development, investment and finance. As an analyst for Credit Suisse, he gained experience underwriting and issuing commercial real estate loans for purchase by institutional investors in the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market. Mr. Gillespie has also worked on value-added redevelopment projects and in commercial construction management. Mr. Gillespie leverages this hands-on experience when advising clients.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D.
- Loyola University Chicago, B.B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Dean's Scholar, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Arthur B. Hayutin Endowed Scholarship, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Best Oralist, Constitutional Litigation Oral Argument Competition, University of Denver Sturm College of Law