Laura Güemes Cambras is a transactions attorney in Holland & Knight’s New York City office, and a member of the firm's Financial Services Team.
Ms. Güemes focuses her finance practice on cross-border financing transactions, regularly advising corporate borrowers, a wide range of lenders, project sponsors and developers on syndicated lending as well as project finance in the U.S. and Latin America.
Ms. Güemes has also substantial M&A experience covering a wide range of industries, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of agreements, such as asset and stock purchase agreements, reorganization agreements, shareholder agreements and other corporate governance documents, as well as distribution and other commercial agreements.
In addition, Ms. Güemes advises domestic and non-U.S.-based companies on the establishment, maintenance and day-to-day activities of domestic entities and subsidiaries of non-U.S.-based companies in the U.S.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Güemes practiced at another international law firm in New York. She also previously practiced in Spain and New York for one of the leading Spanish law firms, where she gained experience handling general corporate and international tax matters.
- Represented Banco del País (Banpais) on a $92.3 million, 12-year unsecured credit facility provided by the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and a $7.7 million, four-year unsecured credit facility provided by Citibank
- Represented a leading provider of primary care physician services in its financing of $15 million from the Main Street Priority Lending Program, with City National Bank of Florida acting as the initial lender
- Advised Banco Bilboa Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) as lender on a $200 million facility to Corporación Andina de Fomento (CAF)
- Represented a national provider of applied behavior analysis therapy on a $10 million financing from the Main Street Lending Program (MSLP)
- Represented Belize Sugar Industries Limited (BSI) in its financing of up to $15 million from Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group
- Represented Agrícola Pampa Baja S.A.C. (APB) on a $25 million facility with a 10-year tenure provided by the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) and on a $50 million 10-year facility with Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO) and Deutsche Investitions-Und Entwicklungsgesellschaft MBH (DEG) as lenders
- Represented CrediQ on a $142.5 million nine-year secured credit facility provided by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and a $11.8 million three-year secured facility provided by Citibank N.A.
- Represented Buenavista Renewables, a Texas-based renewable energy developer, in a cross-border $30 million refinancing of a solar park project located in Chihuahua, Mexico
- Represented a leading provider of primary care physician services in Florida in several financing transactions
- Represented a Spanish pharmaceutical company in a $23 million acquisition of several generic oral contraceptive products from a global leader in generic medicines
- Represented a Spanish pharmaceutical company in a $12 million acquisition of an antibiotic product
- Represented Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior S.A. (Bladex) as sole lead arranger, bookrunner and administrative agent on a $120 million, three-year senior unsecured syndicated loan to GMG Holding S.A. and its subsidiaries (Grupo Monge)
- Represented private energy developer Stoneway Capital Corporation in a $500 million Rule 144A/Regulation S project bond offering and related matters
- Represented JPMorgan Chase and a group of 14 lenders on a $200 million syndicated senior unsecured loan to Promigas S.A. and Gases del Pacífico S.A.C
- Represented a Peruvian leader in the agro-industrial sector and the largest producer of canned vegetables in Peru with a $60 million secured loan
- Represented a Spanish pharmaceutical company in its attempted acquisition of a Canadian group of companies
- Represented Peruvian public development bank focused on the rural sector with a $40 million credit line
- Represented Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (FDN), Colombia's infrastructure development bank, as liquidity facility lender in the financing for the construction and improvement of the Conexión Norte project, which is part of Colombia’s fourth-generation (4G) road infrastructure plan
- Represented FDN, Colombia's infrastructure development bank, as liquidity facility lender in the financing for the construction, rehabilitation, improvement, operation and maintenance of the Perimetral Oriental de Bogota project, a perimeter road corridor in Eastern Cundinamarca, which is part of Colombia’s fourth-generation (4G) road infrastructure plan
- Represented Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior S.A. (Bladex) and a group of lenders on a $40 million syndicated senior unsecured loan to MetroBank S.A.
- Represented Bladex and a group of lenders on a $59 million syndicated senior unsecured loan to Banco Aliado S.A.
- Advised sponsor in connection with a power transmission line project in Peru
- Represented Grupo Rovira, a master franchisee of quick-service restaurants in Mexico and Latin America, in its corporate restructuring and the refinancing of its existing indebtedness with a $170 million syndicated dual currency (U.S. dollars and Mexican pesos) credit facility
- Represented one of the largest manufacturers of integrated plastics in North America in connection with several assets deals in the U.S.
- Represented a Spanish auto-parts company in its attempted $79 million acquisition of a U.S. group of companies
- Represented a Spanish tourist transportation and incoming services company in its several joint ventures with leading U.S. industry groups
- Represented a Central America telecommunications company with operations in Central and Latin America in the sale of its 50 percent interest to a U.S. private equity firm
- Counseled a family-owned Spanish hotel chain regarding its $112 million purchase of a property in Manhattan
- Represented a Spanish-listed company in connection with its acquisition of two vehicle service/extended warranty providers in the U.S.
- Advised a top family-owned Spanish car wash equipment manufacturer in connection with an asset deal in the U.S.
- Served as counsel for a premier family-owned Spanish kitchen equipment manufacturer in connection with its $150 million takeover of its U.S. joint venture group
- Represented a leading Brazilian financial institution, acting as the global and local placement agent of an Argentine company, in the issuance of notes totaling $60 million
- Counseled the Miami branch of a prominent Spanish financial institution in connection with multiple finance transactions in Latin America
- Fordham University School of Law, LL.M., Corporate, Banking and Finance Law
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, J.D.
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, B.S., Economics
- New York
- Board of Advisors, Financial Services Advisor, Inter-American Dialogue
- Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid
- Ilustre Colegio de Economistas de Las Palmas
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Rising Star, Banking and Finance, 2020
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), 2018
- Best Road Financing, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2017
- Best Local Currency Finance, Project & Infrastructure Awards, LatinFinance, 2017
- Pro Bono All-Star, Holland & Knight, 2017-2019