Jeffrey M. Harvey
Jeff Harvey is a business and transactions attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. He focuses his practice on advising and representing public and private companies, investors and investment organizations, entrepreneurs, emerging businesses, franchisors and franchisees.
Mr. Harvey has counseled and represented companies of all types and sizes, across industries and geographies, concerning entity structuring and formation, compliance and governance, public and private reporting, business and technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and joint ventures, private equity and investment, international business operations, global supply chain management, sales and distribution, and franchising, among other topics. Mr. Harvey is a trusted advisor and planning partner to investors, owners, boards and management, and regularly provides guidance to general counsel and law department leadership concerning legal and compliance operations and best practices.
In addition to his private practice, Mr. Harvey has served in-house as executive vice president and general counsel for a global wholesale and branded products distribution company, as executive vice president, general counsel and chief administration officer to a fleet management technology and software/hardware-as-a-service provider, and as vice president and general counsel to an international consumer products franchise and direct-sales company where he also oversaw all franchising and franchise operations activities as vice president of franchising and business development, including franchise program development, marketing, training, compliance and franchisee relations.
Through this mix of private and in-house practice, Mr. Harvey provides practical, strategic, efficient, cost-sensitive advice and counsel both for isolated transactions and generally throughout the lifecycle of a business or investment.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, JD-MBA
- Texas A&M University, B.S., Electrical Engineering
- Wake Forest School of Law, Board of Visitors, 2015-2017
- Wake Forest School of Law, General Counsel Advisory Committee to the Dean
- Dallas First Presbyterian Church Developmental Day School, Board of Directors, 2013-2014
- Direct Selling Association, 2002-2006
- American Bar Association, Corporate Governance Committee
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC)
- Dallas Bar Association, Public Forum/Media Relations Committee, Past Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section
- National Association of Wholesale Distributors, Billion Dollar Company Chief Legal Officer Committee
- The Sedona Conference, Trade Secrets Working Group
- Texas General Counsel Forum
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- International Franchise Association (IFA)
- The Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University
- D CEO Magazine, General Counsel/Chief Legal Officer of the Year Award, 2018
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020