Kim-An Hernandez is a data strategy and privacy attorney in Holland & Knight's Philadelphia office. Ms. Hernandez counsels clients on a range of legal issues related to data strategy, consumer and employee privacy compliance, transaction risk and emerging technologies. Her experience includes:
- building or enhancing comprehensive privacy and security programs tailored to the needs and culture of the business
- operationalizing evolving federal, state and self-regulatory privacy requirements and the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- advising on large information technology (IT) transactions and business process outsourcing matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances, technology transition services agreements and cloud solutions, including software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Hernandez served as chief procurement officer for a leading investment advisor, where she led its purchasing, strategic sourcing, accounts payable and third-party vendor management functions globally. Additionally, she served as head of the company's IT and security legal department and held a similar role at a global paper manufacturer, where she provided legal advice on all IT and security issues, including outsourcing, regulatory compliance including Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and system and organization controls type 2 (SOC-2) certifications, application programming interface (API)-economy, vendor disputes, cybersecurity, mobility, IT risk, IT innovation, data governance, cybersecurity incident response and data privacy, including GDPR and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance.
Not yet admitted to Pennsylvania Bar; admitted to California Bar only and practicing under supervision of lawyers licensed to practice in Pennsylvania.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Business, Certificate, Law and Business
- Connecticut College, B.A., Government
- Connecticut College, Trustee, 2022-Present
- GRC for Intelligent Ecosystems (GRCIE) Foundation, Board of Directors, 2022-Present
- LaunchCode, Advisory Board, 2021-Present
- Vanguard OPEN, LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group, Officer Co-Lead, 2019-2023
- Vanguard IT Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council, Global Lead, 2019-2023
- Tennessee Equality Project, Board Member and Secretary, 2014-2016
- Tennessee Bar Association, Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity Leadership, 2015-2018
- Top 100 Women in Procurement, Procurement Magazine, 2023
- Vanguard Chairman's Award, The Vanguard Group, 2020
- Corporate Counsel Rising Star, First Chair Award, 2014
- Pi Sigma Alpha