Jorge L. Hernandez-Toraño
Jorge L. Hernandez-Toraño is a transactional attorney who has practiced in the areas of domestic and international corporate and mergers and acquisitions for more than 35 years. Mr. Hernandez-Toraño is also recognized for providing his transactional proficiency and business acumen to clients in the entertainment industry. His representative clients include private and public companies, high-net-worth individuals, foreign individuals and entities and governmental authorities in numerous industries and areas, including general business, corporate, resort and leisure, entertainment, network television and radio, print and music publishing and distribution, municipal finance, banking, real estate and franchise.
Mr. Hernandez-Toraño's experience in corporate and mergers and acquisitions matters includes the general representation of start-up and existing private and public companies, private placements, securities registrations, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, public finances, assistance in corporate and securities litigation, franchising, exploitation of intellectual property rights, executive compensation agreements and trade and non-competition restrictions. His experience in these matters also includes the representation of high-net-worth individuals and domestic and foreign clients in international mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and transactions.
In the entertainment industry, Mr. Hernandez-Toraño's experience includes the representation of internationally acclaimed and Grammy® Award winning recording artists and producers, the Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences®, several of the recording industries' "major" record companies, award winning songwriters, independent record companies and music publishers, network television and radio talent, network television and radio affiliates, internet and service technology and content providers, fashion apparel designers, as well as traditionally non-entertainment clients doing business in entertainment industry. Mr. Hernandez-Toraño has represented these clients' interests in matters that have involved various disciplines of the law, including the active coordination and oversight of litigation and dispute resolution procedures on their behalf.
In many of his attorney-client relationships, Mr. Hernandez-Toraño serves in the capacity of general counsel to those clients, overseeing and regularly advising them on and coordinating all of their legal affairs and, where necessary, coordinating and supervising their engagement of special counsel.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Miami, B.S.B.A., Accounting
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association, Entertainment and Sports Forum
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Cuban-American Bar Association, Past President and Director
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar, Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Miami Business Forum, former Chair
- United Way of Miami-Dade, General Counsel, Executive Committee and Director
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Belen Alumni Association of Jesuit Schools from Cuba and Miami, President
- American Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law, Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television, Entertainment Law - Music, 2005-2021; International Mergers and Acquisitions, 2020, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Miami Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures & Television Lawyer of the Year, 2021
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2016
- Top Lawyer, South Florida Legal Guide, 2005-2015
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2009, 2012
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Entertainment Law, 2005
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine
- 100 Most Influential Hispanics in the U.S., Hispanic Business Magazine, 1999
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated