Ryan Jackson is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Chicago office. Mr. Jackson focuses his practice on structuring, negotiating and managing complex business transactions.
Mr. Jackson has vast experience with leveraged acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, venture and growth equity investments, corporate carve-out transactions, recapitalizations and restructurings, executive compensation and incentive equity matters. He has represented private companies, and private equity and venture capital firms in transactions ranging in size from slightly less than $1 million to several billion dollars.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Jackson was a corporate attorney for a global law firm, based in its Chicago office.
- Represented Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, a Northbrook, Illinois-based pizza restaurant chain, in its strategic partnership with BDT Capital Partners, investment banking company
- Represented Veriforce, a portfolio company of Thoma Bravo, a leading private equity investment firm focused on the software and technology-enabled services sector, in its acquisition of ComplyWorks, a supply chain risk management company
- Represented Bain Capital Private Equity, a Boston-based private investment firm, in its $3.2 billion carve-out acquisition of Diversey Care from Sealed Air, a packaging solutions company
- Represented GTCR, a private equity sponsor, and its portfolio company Mega Broadband Investments, a broadband services investment company, in its acquisition of Vyve Broadband, a cable and broadband technology company
- Represented GTCR and its portfolio company Dash Financial Technologies, a financial technology company, in its sale to Flexpoint Ford, a capital market company
- Represented GTCR and its portfolio company Convergex, a brokerage and trading services firm, in its sale to Cowen, an investment banking company
- Represented GTCR and Convergex in the combination of LiquidPoint, Convergex's options trading and technology business, and Dash Financial Technologies
- Represented GTCR and its portfolio company Avention, a business-to-business sales company, in its sale to Dun & Bradstreet, a global business data and analytics company
- Represented GTCR and its portfolio company AssuredPartners, a property and casualty insurance brokerage, in the sale of AssuredPartners to Apax Partners, a British private equity firm
- Represented GTCR in its strategic equity investment in Transaction Data Systems, Inc. (Rx30), a leading developer and supplier of pharmacy management software solutions to independent, hospital, long-term care and specialty pharmacy markets
- Represented GTCR and Stergenics International in its recapitalization of Stergenics, a leading global provider of mission-critical sterilization services to the medical device, pharmaceutical, food safety and high-performance materials industries, from an affiliate of Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing
- Represented TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm, in its investment – alongside private investment firm GI Partners – in Netsmart Technologies Inc., a leading healthcare software company delivering management process solutions and electronic medical records to the health and human services (HHS) and post-acute end markets
- Represented TA Associates in its investment in Aldevron LLC, a biological science company
- Represented Audax Group, a Boston-based investment manager, in its acquisition of Checkers Industrial Safety Products, a manufacturer of industrial safety products and construction safety equipment
- Represented Flexpoint Ford in its sale of T&H Global Holdings, a Chicago-based insurance claims services company, to Sedgwick Claims Management Services, a claims and productive management services company
- Represented Olympus Partners, a Stamford, Connecticut-based private equity firm, and The Homax Group, a consumer products company, in its sale of the cleaning products division of Homax Products to Weiman Products, a specialty surface cleaning manufacturer
- Represented Olympus Partners and The Homax Group in the sale of The Homax Group to PPG Architectural Coatings, a global supplier of paints, coatings and specialty materials
- Represented Beecken Petty O'Keefe, a private equity management firm, in its acquisition of Examination Management Services, a risk management services company
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., Economics, with distinction
- Michigan Journal of International Law, Associate and Contributing Editor