Nathan Johnson is a commercial litigator in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Practicing in state and federal court as well as bankruptcy court, his experience includes energy, finance, commercial real estate, trade secrets, technology services, manufacturing and agriculture. Mr. Johnson represents and counsels entities and individuals in commercial disputes relating to breach of contract, officer/director liability, fiduciary duties, complex financial transactions, fraudulent and preferential transfers (in bankruptcy adversary proceedings and in state and federal district court), as well as a range of other contract and business tort claims.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Johnson is the state senator for Texas Senate District 16, representing more than 900,000 people and their businesses in Dallas County. Mr. Johnson is recognized as a leading voice on healthcare, power generation and grid reform, and protecting the interests of youth. His bipartisan legislative record includes expansion of healthcare access, regulatory streamlining, insurance reform, and modernizing laws in construction and banking. He serves on the Senate Committees on Business & Commerce; Jurisprudence; Water, Agriculture & Rural Affairs; and as vice chair of Administration.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Arizona, B.S., Physics, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section, Legislative Liaison Committee, 2020-Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Committees on Ethics, Professionalism, 2016-2017
- Dallas County Trail and Preserve Program Board, Former Chair, 2014-2015
- Human Rights Initiative of North Texas Inc., Pro Bono Immigration Counsel
- University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2017
- Leadership Dallas, Class of 2014