Nathan Johnson concentrates his practice on matters involving commercial litigation and bankruptcy. His experience encompasses a variety of industries, including energy, securitized mortgage servicing, finance, commercial real estate, technology and technology services, manufacturing, and agriculture. Recent engagements include prosecution and defense of officer/director liability claims, fiduciary duties, disputes arising from complex transfers of corporate assets and liabilities, fraudulent transfer avoidance and defense (in bankruptcy adversary proceedings and in state courts) as well as a range of other contract and business tort claims.
In addition to his legal practice, Nathan currently serves as a member of the Texas Legislature as the Senator for District 16, which comprises the northern part of Dallas County, including all or significant portions of 10 cities and almost 900,000 people.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Arizona, B.S., Physics, magna cum laude, with Honors
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Dallas County Trails and Preserve Board, Chair
- Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, pro bono counsel
- University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- State Bar of Texas; Appellate Section Legislative Liaison Committee
- Dallas Bar Association; Ethics Committee, Professionalism Committee
- Family Gateway, Volunteer
- Reading Partners, Elementary School Tutor
- YMCA Youth Coach, soccer
- Alcuin School Audit Committee
- Leadership Dallas Class of 2014