James C. King is a Washington, D.C., attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Mr. King focuses his practice on the representation of clients in all phases of litigation in state and federal court.
To date, Mr. King has helped counsel clients through a wide array of matters, including complex business litigation, labor and employment disputes, government investigations and class action litigation.
Recent Representative Matters
Real Estate Litigation
- Advised commercial landlord regarding lease agreement issues related to COVID-19
- Represented commercial developer in connection with failed land development project
- Represented commercial developer in litigation associated with purchase and sale agreement
- Represented owner of industrial property in zoning dispute
Corporate and Employment Litigation
- Defended corporation against Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) class action litigation
- Defended corporations and directors in shareholder disputes involving claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and other internal disputes
- Defended healthcare provider against Section 1983 claim
- Defended employers against Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Rehabilitation Act, and state wage and hour claims
- Advised employers on compliance with state and federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act requirements
- Represented various business entities in breach of contract litigation
- Represented clients in response to both civil and criminal government investigations involving U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
While in law school, Mr. King was a competing member of the Holderness Moot Court Bench. During his third year, he was a student instructor for an enrichment class on oral arguments. In addition to logging more than 50 hours of pro bono legal services, Mr. King worked in the Consumer Financial Transactions Clinic, where he represented clients in consumer finance litigation.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, J.D., with honors
- North Carolina State University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina