Lauren Klein is a private wealth services attorney in the Miami office of Holland & Knight, where she focuses her practice primarily in the areas of international and domestic taxation for high-net-worth individuals, trusts and estates, and closely held family company structures.
Ms. Klein advises foreign and domestic clients on U.S. federal income, gift and estate tax matters, including cross-border investments, U.S. real estate investments and business activities. Ms. Klein has significant experience forming and overseeing complex international trust and corporate structures. She also routinely counsels clients with respect to pre-immigration planning, the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act of 1980 (FIRPTA), expatriation planning and tax treaties. In addition, Ms. Klein is well-versed in advising on domestic and offshore tax reporting and compliance, including the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
Ms. Klein currently serves as the co-director of the New Tax Lawyers' committee of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Klein was a tax attorney with a boutique tax firm in Boca Raton, Fla.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- Florida Atlantic University, B.S.F.S.
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Florida Fellows Institute, Class V
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Real Property Probate and Trust Law
- Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)