Arman J. Kuyumjian
Arman Kuyumjian is a partner in the firm's Corporate, M&A and Securities Practice Group and is based in New York City. Mr. Kuyumjian focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, joint ventures and other strategic alliances.
Mr. Kuyumjian has significant experience representing public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in mergers and acquisitions, distressed and cross-border transactions. He also provides counsel on corporate governance, shareholder activism, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
He represents local and multinational clients in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, medical devices, banking, asset management, communications, high-tech, energy and real estate industries.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Kuyumjian led corporate transactions for an international law firm in its New York office.
- United States-based multinational pharmaceutical company in the carve-out stock and asset sale to a European-based conglomerate of technologies and a business that support blood gas and electrolyte testing at the point of care
- Sovereign wealth funds in significant investments in U.S.-based global corporations and related economic and development arrangements
- International biotech company in the establishment, structuring and financing of drug development operations in the United States through a corporate structure to facilitate future financing rounds, involving contributions of intellectual property, cash, consulting and contract research services by several parties in consideration for equity with milestone-based vesting conditions and several tranches of debt
- An investment management client in the acquisition, through an asset purchase agreement, of the management rights to more than 40 non-registered and 40 Act-registered private equity fund-of-funds and certain related assets and employees from the alternative asset management business of a major international bank
- Controlling stockholders of ETFis Issuer Solutions in a sale of control transaction to Virtus Investment Partners, including a long-term joint venture arrangement among the parties
- Family office in investment in Burstly, Inc. and its sale to Apple
- Family office in its investment in Truecar, Inc.
- PLC Systems Inc. in its merger with Viveve, Inc., and concurrent sale of its business to creditors
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation in its acquisition of the Lost Pines Resort and Spa in Texas
- Controlling stockholder of Bonds.com Group Inc., in its sale through a merger to MTS Markets International Inc. (i.e., the London Stock Exchange Group)
- Controlling stockholders of a large ship recycling company in a contested fight with creditors and a proposed acquirer over control of the company
- GE Capital in the $2.5 billion sale (stock and assets) of Business Property Lending, a commercial real estate lending business in the U.S., to EverBank
- GE Capital in the sale of its equity interest in the $1 billion GE SeaCo joint venture to China-based HNA Group
- GE Capital in the sale of its Partnership Marketing Group (stock and assets), a business unit of GE Money, to Allstate
- DIRECTV in its $28.5 billion combination with Liberty Entertainment, a company split off from Liberty Media Corp.
- DIRECTV in its cash-for-stock transaction with Globo Comunicação e Participações bringing DIRECTV's ownership of SKY Brasil to approximately 93 percent ($604.8 million)
- DIRECTV in its $900 million recapitalization involving the exchange by John C. Malone, DIRECTV chairman, and his family of all outstanding shares of Class B common stock for shares of Class A common stock, resulting in the reduction of the Malones' voting interest in DIRECTV from approximately 24.3 percent to approximately 3 percent
- Special committee of the board of directors of Deerfield Capital, an investment manager, and Deerfield Capital itself on the company's $72.5 million business combination (public-private merger) with Commercial Industrial Finance Corp., a leveraged loan credit products specialist
- Molson in its merger with the Adolph Coors Company ($6 billion)
- The Hockey Company Holdings in its acquisition through a tender offer by Reebok International ($286 million Canadian)
- Sanofi in the restructuring of its multibillion-dollar global strategic alliance with Bristol-Myers Squibb for Plavix and Avapro
- GE Energy in its joint venture with Shanghai-listed XD Electric for the commercialization and distribution of power transmission equipment globally
- GE Aviation in its joint venture with BAE, Sagem and FADEC International for the development, production and support of full-authority digital electronic controls for aircraft engines
- Brookfield Investment Management Holdings in the restructuring of its Helios AMC joint venture with Helios Ventures (affiliated with Ranieri Partners), including the acquisition of The Situs Companies and a significant investment by Deutsche Bank
- Brookfield Investment Management Holdings in its joint venture with Helios Ventures (affiliated with Ranieri Partners) to form Helios AMC
- RealNetworks in its joint venture with MTV Networks to form Rhapsody America
- Lehman Brothers in asset management arrangement with Fraser Sullivan with respect to commercial loan portfolios, including the transfer of Lehman Brothers' commercial loan portfolio management team to Fraser Sullivan
- Lehman Brothers in asset management arrangement with GreenOak Euro Re Asset Management with respect to European real estate loan portfolios and related assets, including the transfer of Lehman Brothers' European real estate loan portfolio management team
- Lehman Brothers in multibillion-dollar asset management arrangements with J.P. Morgan and Bank of America
- Private equity fund in the proposed distressed acquisition through a 363 sale of coal-fired power plants in Texas
- Lehman Brothers in the sale of Lehman Brothers' back office operations to Nomura Holdings
- Lehman Brothers with counseling on Lehman's portfolio of strategic investments with other major financial institutions in various trading platforms and strategic trading information services – Markit, Tradeweb/Nexus, BIDS, BATTS, Forex/FXCM, Hudson Castle, SecuritiesHub, eBX/Level, MuniCenter)
- Lehman Brothers in the sale of Lehman's interests in Green Tree and Wilton Re
- Lehman Brothers with counseling on Lehman's significant investments in certain structured finance entities (e.g., Invicta and Quadrant)
- Lehman Brothers in the sale in separate transactions of Lehman's interests in renewable energy projects – White Creek, First Wind, New York Wind II and Ormat
- Lehman Brothers in the sale in separate transactions (including through 363 sales) of Lehman's non-performing loan portfolios in Brazil and Colombia
- Lehman Brothers with the structuring, creation and related securities law analysis of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Plan Trust, which is the liquidating trust holding all outstanding equity of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Credit Suisse and a syndicate of secured lenders (led by Credit Suisse) in the acquisition through a 363 credit bid of the assets of Questex
- Macquarie Capital in its acquisition of CMC Railroad from Babcock & Brown Freight Management
- The University of Western Ontario, LL.B.
- McGill University, B.Com
- New York
- American Bar Association