Peter Lam is a New York attorney and a member of Holland & Knight's Tax Credit Transactions Practice. Mr. Lam has extensive experience with affordable housing developments financed with tax-exempt bonds and low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs), particularly at the bond issuance phase, which involves considerable coordination with the intended LIHTC structure.
In the area of affordable housing projects, Mr. Lam has counseled issuers of more than $10 billion of tax-exempt bonds that involved complex pooled financing transactions with parity bond indentures, private placement and volume cap recycling. He has advised on various issues involving the refinancing of affordable housing projects during construction periods, multiphase projects in and out of Qualified Census Tracts (QCT)/Difficult Development Areas (DDA), and Year 15 options.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Lam was an attorney for national bond counsel firms, where he served as bond counsel to state and local issuers for public and privately placed bond issuances that financed affordable housing projects, educational institutions, healthcare facilities, continuing care retirement communities, state revolving funds, and energy conservation and public power projects.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration: Finance, with highest honors
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH)
- Chinese - Cantonese