Thomas L'Helias is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office who focuses on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), capital markets, private equity and corporate governance. Mr. L'Helias represents clients in numerous industries and sectors, including financial services, private equity, energy, healthcare, infrastructure, engineering services and building supplies.
Mr. L'Helias has a wealth of transactional experience that includes both domestic and cross-border M&A involving public and private companies as well as securities offerings of both debt and equity. He has extensive experience advising company boards and management teams on day-to-day and high-stakes matters, including material transactions, internal investigations and complex litigation.
Most recently, Mr. L'Helias was in-house at one of the largest health insurance companies, where he was responsible for and supervised all corporate, governance, employee benefits, labor and employment, and subsidiary matters for the company. Prior to his in-house experience, Mr. L'Helias was an attorney with several global law firms. Mr. L'Helias was an attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office from 1998 to 2004.
Before attending law school and beginning his legal career, Mr. L'Helias worked as an investment banker in New York.
- Represented global investment bank in connection with a series of principal investments in the real estate development sector totaling more than $100 million
- Represented multinational medical device company in connection with its $4.5 billion acquisition of one of its competitors
- Represented underwriters in connection with a $225 million initial public offering in the energy sector
- Represented underwriters in connection with a $100 million initial public offering of equity securities in the retail sector
- Represented private equity fund in connection with multiple acquisitions, including the acquisition and ultimate disposition of a security monitoring company for more than $200 million
- Represented global energy and industrial conglomerate in connection with acquisitions and dispositions, including the multibillion-dollar acquisition of one of its competitors
- Represented global infrastructure fund in United States in connection with acquisitions in the energy sector totaling $50 million
- Represented public company in the building supplies sector in a series of acquisitions and securities offerings in the United States
- Represented one of the largest health insurance companies in connection with various significant acquisitions, dispositions and financings
- Represented global security company in connection with its $500 million acquisition of one of its competitors and the spin-off of its private corrections unit
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.S., Finance and Political Science
- New York