Betsy Luxenberg is a business attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office who practices in the area of corporate services, with a particular emphasis on employee benefits and executive compensation. Ms. Luxenberg counsels employers and private and public, including tax-exempt and entities on a variety of employee benefits issues, such as qualified retirement plans, fringe benefits, executive and equity compensation arrangements, as well as health and welfare plans arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Ms. Luxenberg regularly advises clients on day-to-day administrative human resources issues, compliance matters, merger integrations, employment agreements, long-term and short-term incentive compensation plans, and change-in-control programs. She also assists clients with retention agreements and severance agreements, as well as golden parachute analysis and issues relating to Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code in connection with corporate transactions.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- The George Washington University, M.A., Organizational Science: Concentration in Organizational Management
- The George Washington University, B.A., Psychology
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Greater D.C., Board Member, 2019-2020
- American Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, The Network Event Committee, 2018
- Anti-Defamation League Glass Leadership Institute (GLI), Class Member, 2018
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star Award, 2018
- ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Service Award, 2017