Brian J. Malcom
Brian Malcom represents banks, lenders, financial institutions and healthcare firms in litigation matters and constantly seeks to insulate clients from liability, while minimizing the impact on their operations. Clients depend on his analytical abilities to resolve commercial disputes related to financial products liability, contractual agreements and other business issues. He is highly regarded for his enthusiasm and energy as well as his responsiveness and understanding of client's interests and goals.
He strives to keep the client's best interest foremost in mind and tailors his approach to their needs.
His well-honed communication skills enable him to represent clients in a variety of forums. He focuses on the areas of:
- bond and warrant claims
- municipal bankruptcies and collection of obligations owed by governmental entities
- financial services
- commercial litigation
- lien claims
Mr. Malcom also represents global advisory and brokerage companies in litigation matters. He advises such companies in contract disputes with brokers and in commercial litigation and seeks to defend the company against claims while understanding the client's business goals. He also represents brokerage companies in ERISA litigation.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., cum laude
- University of Georgia, B.A. and B.S., Political Science and Psychology, magna cum laude
- All State Courts in Alabama
- All State Courts in Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation - Banking and Finance, 2023
- Rising Star, Business Litigation, Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine, 2014-2021
- Birmingham's Rising Stars of Law, Birmingham Business Journal, 2017
- Top Attorney for Banking Law, Birmingham Magazine, 2018