Jose Manalo is a corporate attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Mr. Manalo focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity and venture capital transactions.
Mr. Manalo's transactional law experience includes representing private equity and strategic buyers and sellers in sophisticated M&As, securities matters and day-to-day operations. He also serves as general corporate counsel to emerging and mature businesses.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Manalo practiced with a national law firm, where he focused on M&A, private equity, venture capital and capital markets transactions.
Prior to law school, he worked as an enterprise risk consultant for a Big Four accounting firm and a compliance manager for a medical center.
- Represented a U.S. retailer of apparel, home products and other consumer products in connection with the $330 million sale of the equity interests of its operating subsidiaries to a U.S. multichannel retailer
- Represented a food production company in connection with the $100 million sale of its equity interests
- Represented a global producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality fresh and fresh-cut fruit and vegetables in connection with the $360 million stock acquisition of a leading U.S. vegetable supplier
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund in connection with the $90 million acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer of food service, packaging, casting and specialty applications supplies
- Represented a U.S. owner and operator of optical stores in connection with the $170 million sale of its retail subsidiaries to a Dutch company
- Represented a U.S. consulting firm in connection with the multimillion-dollar acquisition of the business and assets of a U.S. healthcare consulting services firm
- Represented a U.S. private equity firm in connection with the $24 million cross-border divestiture sale of an Indian software company
- Represented a Luxembourg company in connection with the $30 million acquisition of a U.S. company engaged in the production, sale and distribution of premium-grade liquors
- Represented a U.S. manufacturer of custom electrical enclosures in connection with the multimillion-dollar acquisition of the business and assets of a U.S. custom metal enclosures manufacturer pursuant to a Section 363 bankruptcy court sale order
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund in connection with the $50 million acquisition of a U.S. waste disposal company
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund in connection with a multimillion-dollar sale of a waste disposal company, which involved the payoff of outstanding government bonds
- Represented a U.S. investment bank (as sole underwriter) in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) for a U.S. company that owns and operates an online marketplace for human biospecimens
- Represented a U.S. franchisee company and restaurant operator in connection with its $50 million senior secured second lien note offering
- Represented a U.S. manufacturer of food packing products in connection with its IPO
- Represented a U.S. builder of affordable/alternative housing units in connection with a $10 million Series B financing and a $20 million Series B-1 financing
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Irvine, MBA
- Adventist University of the Philippines, B.S., Accountancy, summa cum laude
- New York