Edgar Andrés Martínez Vallejo is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Bogotá office and a member of the firm's International and Cross Border Transactions Group. Mr. Martínez focuses in the areas of Corporate Law Services with a particular emphasis on contractual matters and public-private partnerships (PPP).
Mr. Martínez Vallejo has advised the National Agency of Infrastructure (ANI) in the structuring of the fourth generation (4G) road concessions contracts under PPP and its bidding processes. He has experience in consulting, negotiating and drafting contracts, and he has assisted in a regulatory and corporate advisory role for both domestic and international companies.
Mr. Martínez Vallejo has advised in merger and acquisition deals for prominent Colombian companies, and he has experience in drafting memorandums and legal opinions in various matters. Additionally, he is knowledgeable in foreign exchange investments, horizontal property regulation, criminal procedure and consumer law.
In addition to his experience at Holland & Knight, Mr. Martinez Vallejo served as an associate attorney at a renowned boutique law firm, focused on public law and arbitral litigation. He has experience in counseling and representing private concessionaires in disputes resolution with public entities, specifically regarding roads, ports and public transportation infrastructure concession contracts.
While at the Universidad de los Andes in Colombia, Mr. Martínez Vallejo served as a teaching assistant on penal procedure, as legal reviser in the conciliation center of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce and as a legal intern in a top-tier law firm in Colombia.
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D.
- Universidad del Rosario, Specialization, Public Law
- Universidad del Rosario, Diploma, Basic Finance
- Universidad del Rosario, Specialization, Contract Law
- Highest Score on “Pruebas Saber Pro” - Colombian standardized exam for candidates to law undergraduate degrees - Acknowledged by Colombia Ministry of Education, Resolution 21398, 2014
- Integral Formation Award – Sociopolitical Scope, Colegio San Francisco Javier, Asociación de Colegios Jesuitas de Colombia (ACODESI), April 2009