Danielle Mayer is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Ms. Mayer focuses her practice on civil litigation and dispute resolution. Ms. Mayer has a diverse federal and state court litigation practice, representing clients in class actions and complex commercial disputes, in a wide array of matters involving breach of contract, allegations of fraud and real estate disputes, among others.
Ms. Mayer has extensive experience in complex product liability and personal injury cases, specifically mass tort litigation, and represents clients in matters relating to medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs and automobiles in state and federal courts.
In addition, Ms. Mayer has experience both prosecuting and defending claims, including jury and bench trials in cases in federal and state court. She is also experienced in managing complicated discovery, taking and defending depositions, arguing motions and negotiating settlements.
Ms. Mayer also has an interest in artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomous vehicle (AV) transportation, and the ways in which these emerging technologies are changing the world. She has spoken on the issues of AV regulation as well as the emerging public policy and regulatory issues related to AV.
Ms. Mayer's recent representative experiences include:
- defending a pharmaceutical drug manufacturer in nationwide mass tort litigation
- defending a housing provider in complex class action litigation
- representing real estate developers in breach of contract litigation
- defending a European manufacturing company against wrongful death allegations
- defending multiple universities in tuition refund class actions
- representing a Japanese alcohol manufacturer regarding breach of contract disputes
- representing a chemical manufacturing company in employment litigation
- defending corporations in asbestos litigation
- representing an international manufacturer of mobile computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and tablets in COVID-19-related breach of contract litigation
- representing a storage company looking to develop property against local city council and the planning commission regarding its decision relating to zoning
- representing a local philanthropic individual in breach of contract dispute related to COVID-19 donations
- representing a parent in a case brought under the Hague Convention on Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- representing a wrongfully removed partner in partnership dispute by second chairing a trial in Orange County, California, securing a multimillion-dollar verdict
Currently, Ms. Mayer is a member of the Los Angeles office's Public and Charitable Services committee. Ms. Mayer serves her local community by serving as an associate board member of the Public Law Center (PLC), Orange County's largest provider of legal services. Ms. Mayer also serves on the PLC's fundraising committee and as co-chair of the silent auction subcommittee.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Mayer was an attorney for a national law firm in its Irvine and Los Angeles offices.
During law school, Ms. Mayer served as a judicial extern for the Honorable James J. Di Cesare in the Superior Court of Orange County in California. She also served as production editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review and was a member of the Scott Moot Court Honors Board.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A., English Literature
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA), Young Lawyers Section, 2014–2019; Charitable Fund Judge Kenneth Lae Charity Golf Scramble Committee, 2018–2019
- Constitutional Rights Foundation Orange County (CRF-OC), Associate Board of Directors, 2018–2019
- Public Law Center, Advocates Board of Directors, 2018–Present; Volunteers for Justice Annual Dinner, Silent Auction Chair, 2017–Present
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association (OCWLA), Board of Directors, 2018–2019
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court, 2016–2019
- American Bar Association, 2014–Present
- Public Interest Law Foundation, Community Outreach Chair, Loyola Law School, 2012–2014
- Young Lawyers Program, Trial Advocacy Program Coordinator, Loyola Law School, 2012–2014
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Presidential Scholarship, The George Washington University
- Alumni Scholarship, The George Washington University
- Dean's List, The George Washington University