Danielle Mayer is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's Los Angeles office. Ms. Mayer focuses her practice on civil litigation and intellectual property (IP) litigation.
Ms. Mayer has additional experience in complex product liability and personal injury cases, specifically mass tort litigation, and represents clients in matters relating to medical devices, autonomous vehicles (AV) and pharmaceutical drugs in state and federal courts. She also handles cases related to the cannabis and hemp industry, multilevel marketing and mortgage banking.
Ms. Mayer also has an interest in artificial intelligence (AI) and autonomous transportation, and the ways in which these emerging technologies are changing the world. She has spoken on the issues of AV regulation as well as the emerging public policy and regulatory issues related to AV.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. Mayer was an attorney for a national law firm in its Irvine and Los Angeles offices.
During law school, Ms. Mayer served as a judicial extern for the Honorable James J. Di Cesare in the Superior Court of Orange County in California. She also served as production editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review and was a member of the Scott Moot Court Honors Board.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A., English Literature
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA), Young Lawyers Section, 2014–2019; Charitable Fund Judge Kenneth Lae Charity Golf Scramble Committee, 2018–2019
- Constitutional Rights Foundation Orange County (CRF-OC), Associate Board of Directors, 2018–2019
- Public Law Center, Advocates Board of Directors, 2018–Present; Volunteers for Justice Annual Dinner, Silent Auction Chair, 2017–Present
- Orange County Women Lawyers Association (OCWLA), Board of Directors, 2018–2019
- William P. Gray Legion Lex American Inn of Court, 2016–2019
- American Bar Association, 2014–Present
- Public Interest Law Foundation, Community Outreach Chair, Loyola Law School, 2012–2014
- Young Lawyers Program, Trial Advocacy Program Coordinator, Loyola Law School, 2012–2014
- Presidential Scholarship, The George Washington University
- Alumni Scholarship, The George Washington University
- Dean's List, The George Washington University