Louise McAlpin is a partner in Holland & Knight's Miami office. She practices in the litigation area with emphasis in federal securities fraud litigation, director and officer liability, class actions, derivative actions, regulatory investigations and other complex litigation. In defending such claims, Ms. McAlpin represents directors and officers, underwriters, healthcare companies, technology companies, banks, asset management firms and insurance companies. Claims against these persons and companies have included claims of accounting fraud, disclosure violations, bank mismanagement, insider trading, improper revenue recognition and claims under various states' laws.
Ms. McAlpin also serves as lead counsel in merger objection litigation, representing the acquiring entity, the target corporation and/or their respective directors.
Ms. McAlpin also represents insurance companies in the evaluation of coverage under representation and warranty (R&W) policies involving mergers and acquisitions. She also handles such claims in litigation and arbitration.
Ms. McAlpin has also handled investigations by the Florida Attorney General and other litigation matters involving consumer fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Florida Southern College, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- All State Courts in Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association Litigation Section, Committees on Securities Litigation and Class Actions
- Dade County Bar Association, Vice Co-Chair Securities Litigation Committee
- The Florida Bar
- Best Lawyers in America guide, 2020 Lawyer of the Year, Derivatives Law
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Derivatives Law, 2010-2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2016
- John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award, Lawyers for Children America, 2016
- Most Effective Lawyer Winner, Corporate Securities, Daily Business Review, 2012, 2013
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine, 2011
- Top Lawyer - South Florida Legal Guide, 2008