LaChiquita "Kita" McCray is a healthcare attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office. Ms. McCray focuses her practice on regulatory, transactional and administrative health law for healthcare providers, healthcare industry companies, payers and health plans on a national basis.
Ms. McCray is experienced on a variety of matters, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), telehealth/telemedicine, health regulatory and compliance issues, licensing matters, corporate practice of medicine counseling, and fraud and abuse analysis related to the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) and Stark Law issues. She also has experience assisting healthcare industry clients in regulatory and transactional matters, including change of ownership and other licensure and regulatory filings, as well as Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and audits.
In addition, Ms. McCray has experience with business planning and formations and workplace agreements, including employment, professional service and independent contractor agreements, as well as business associate agreements.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Ms. McCray was an attorney for a business and healthcare law firm in its Dallas office. In that role, she regularly assisted physicians in various specialties and medical practices and other businesses in the medical aesthetics space, and counseled on business of aesthetics.
- University of Houston Law Center, LL.M., Health Law
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Southern Mississippi, M.P.H., Health Policy and Administration
- The University of Southern Mississippi, B.A.
- Texans for Safe and Drug-Free Youth, Board Member, 2021-2024
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- L. Turner Legal Association (JLTLA), Director, 2020
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2020
- Health Law and Policy Institute (HLPI) Texas Law Conference Scholarship Recipient, University of Houston Law Center, 2015
- Prudential Life Insurance Scholarship Recipient, University of Houston Law Center, 2015-2016
- Pretrial Practice Most Outstanding Student Award, University of Mississippi School of Law, 2014
- Academic Achievement Award, The University of Southern Mississippi, 2009, 2011