Matthew M. McKee is a real estate attorney in Holland & Knight's Dallas office and is a member of the firm's Real Estate practice group. Mr. McKee focuses his practice on a broad scope of real estate matters, including leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, development and lending/financing.
Mr. McKee has a significant background in advising both commercial and residential property owners' associations in all aspects, including formation, governance and dispute resolution. He also has experience representing clients in a wide variety of oil and gas matters.
As a former trial attorney, having tried numerous cases to verdict and through the appellate process, Mr. McKee is able to offer clients a particular perspective throughout the course of their real estate transactions. Mr. McKee strives to provide clients with not only work product of the highest quality but also practical guidance on real-world implications during their decision-making process.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. McKee practiced in the area of real estate litigation in Austin, Texas.
During law school, Mr. McKee had the privilege of serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the Texas Tech Law Review. He also served as a legal practice teaching fellow for Professor Dale Jones and was a brief writer for the Billings, Exum & Frye national moot court team.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., Finance
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Tech Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, Vol. 47
- Phi Delta Theta, Awards Chairman, 2009–2012; Scholarship Chairman, 2009; Homecoming Chairman, 2010
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Beckham Dunlap Woody Award, Texas Tech Law Review, 2014–2015
- Outstanding Second Year Staff Member, Texas Tech Law Review, 2013–2014
- Second Year Service & Leadership Award, Texas Tech Law Review, 2013–2014
- President's List, Texas Tech University
- Dean's List, Texas Tech University and Texas Tech University School of Law