Richard A. Menchini is a litigation attorney in Holland & Knight's New York office. His primary areas of practice are complex product liability, toxic tort, personal injury, commercial and insurance litigation.
During his more than 35-year career, Mr. Menchini has served as trial and appellate counsel in numerous cases before various federal and state courts. He regularly advises companies on reducing and managing litigation risks, and he has represented clients in various sectors when they face significant product liability and mass tort claims.
Mr. Menchini's experience extends to a wide range of products, including printing and graphic arts equipment, asbestos, industrial machinery, construction equipment, medical devices and consumer products. He has obtained the dismissal of many claims when companies have been sued on theories of successor corporate liability. In addition, he served as lead counsel for a telecommunications manufacturer, resolving numerous product liability and asbestos claims involving discontinued product lines.
As part of his commercial litigation experience, he has represented clients in insurance coverage disputes, loan and security agreement defaults, and commodities transportation disputes.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- New York University, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association, Tort Litigation Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group, 2011, 2012, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Product Liability Litigation, 2012-2021
- New York Super Lawyers – Metro magazine, Personal Injury Defense: Products, 2012-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated