Stuart Mendelsohn practices in the areas of real estate, land use, litigation, government affairs and corporate law. His clients include a broad range of corporations, nonprofit organizations, builders and developers. Mr. Mendelsohn previously served as executive partner for Holland & Knight's Tysons office.
Mr. Mendelsohn served eight years on the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and two years as vice chairman of the Fairfax County School Board. He has also served on a number of regional transportation commissions, land use committees and councils.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Mendelsohn was a senior manager of a defense contractor.
In the community, he has committed an extensive amount of time to community service in Fairfax County, the Commonwealth of Virginia and nationally.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
- Florida Institute of Technology, B.S., Ocean Engineering
- Florida Institute of Technology, M.S., Environmental Engineering
- District of Columbia
- All State Courts in Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- All Courts in the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Tysons Partnership, Executive Committee
- Tysons Corner Land Use Task Force
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman, Executive Committee, Board Member
- Leadership Fairfax, Inc., Board Member
- Boy Scouts of America - NCAC, Advisory Board
- Apartment and Office Building Association of Metro Washington
- Fairfax Law Foundation, Board Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties - NoVA Chapter, Vice-Chair, Government Relations
- Christian Legal Society
- Kiwanis International, Governor
- Dulles Area Transportation Association, Board Member
- Fairfax County Republican Committee
- LEAD Virginia, Board Member
- Chesapeake Bay Local Assistance Board, Governor appointed representative for Northern Virginia
- Virginia Special Olympics, former State President
- George Mason University Board of Visitors, Appointed by the Virginia Governor, Vice Rector
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, 2009-2021
- Chambers USA – America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2007-2019
- The Legal 500 USA, Real Estate & Construction: Real Estate, 2012
- Virginia Super Lawyers magazine, 2007, 2008
- Corporate Counsel Edition, Super Lawyers magazine, May 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated