Robert L. "Bob" Mendenhall is a tax attorney in Holland & Knight's Charlotte office and a member of the firm's Taxation Team. Mr. Mendenhall focuses his practice on federal and state taxation and has extensive experience in tax planning, tax credits, business planning and audit representation for corporations, partnerships, individuals and nonprofit organizations.
Mr. Mendenhall also serves as pro bono general counsel for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Housing Partnership Inc., a position he has held since 1990, and is an officer of the North Carolina Bar Association's Tax Section.
Before his legal career, Mr. Mendenhall worked as a senior tax accountant at a large international accounting firm and as an audit officer for a large regional bank based in Charlotte. During law school, he served as a staff member and business manager of the North Carolina Law Review, and also served as treasurer of the Student Bar Foundation.
- UNC School of Law, J.D.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, MBA
- Davidson College, B.A.
- North Carolina
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- North Carolina Bar Association, Tax Section, Secretary
- Lifespan Inc., Board Member, 1987-2015; Chair, 1996-2000; Vice Chair, 2013-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Tax Law, 2017-2021
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017