Juan Pablo Moyano García is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Mexico City office who focuses on domestic and international arbitration and litigation. Mr. Moyano has considerable experience in managing disputes related to commercial contracts, energy, telecommunications and construction. He frequently advises on alternative dispute resolution mechanism issues as well as cross-border disputes.
Mr. Moyano has experience participating in international arbitrations under the rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), as well as disputes governed by the rules of the Inter-American Commercial Arbitration Commission (IACAC) and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Moyano served as an international case director for the ICDR, where he administered arbitrations and mediations with a connection to Latin America. He also worked for a major international law firm specializing in international arbitration in London and as an associate for a boutique Mexican litigation firm.
- Represented an international satellite operator in an investment arbitration for violations to a bilateral investment treaty under the rules of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- Represented a governmental public entity in a dispute arising from charges for natural gas transport services under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Represented a governmental public entity in a dispute arising from a major infrastructure project under the rules of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Represented a major telecommunications company in a dispute related to a mobile virtual network operator agreement under the rules of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- Represented a governmental public entity in a dispute arising from the construction of gas pipelines under the rules of the ICC
- University of Miami, LL.M.
- Queen Mary University of London, LL.M.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, J.D.
- New York
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Rising Star, Arbitration, 2023, 2024
- The Best Lawyers in Mexico, 2022-2024