Tim Murray is a solicitor who represents airlines, leasing companies, airports, business and general aviation operators and other businesses involved in the aviation and travel industries.
Mr. Murray has extensive experience in aviation and travel-related dispute resolution matters – often with multijurisdictional elements – in the English courts and in arbitrations, including leasing, aircraft finance, insurance (with a particular focus on advising the insured party), aircraft repossessions, aircraft engineering, and technical issues, accidents and general contractual disputes.
He also advises on a wide range of regulatory issues, including matters before the European Commission, the UK Civil Aviation Authority and the UK Department for Transport.
- Advising an airline in relation to a range of contractual and technical issues arising out of the Boeing 737 MAX grounding
- Acting for a lessor in an aircraft leasing dispute involving proceedings in the English Commercial Court and associated cross-border disputes arising out of the leasing of aircraft to a Pakistani airline
- Acting for a lessor in an aircraft leasing dispute in the English Commercial Court relating to aircraft that had been leased to an African airline
- Acting for an airline in an aircraft leasing dispute concerning technical and engineering matters relating to the condition in which an aircraft was required to be redelivered by a lessee
- Advising a bank in relation to the repossession of a corporate jet from a defaulting customer; the matter involved specialist aviation finance/leasing, engineering and jurisdictional/cross border and post-recovery workout issues
- Acting for the owner and the operator of a corporate jet in a dispute with a maintenance organization
- Representing a lessor in an aircraft leasing dispute that resulted in the seizure in the United Kingdom of a large commercial aircraft in satisfaction of a judgment obtained in the English courts
- Advising finance and leasing companies in various aviation-related matters arising out of the failure of Monarch Airlines, Thomas Cook and Flybe
- Advising insured parties in relation to insurance claims arising out of commercial airline accidents
- Advising a leasing company in relation to an insurance claim arising out of a terrorist incident and resulting damage to its aircraft
- Member of the Holland & Knight team advising a range of aviation businesses in connection with the consequences of COVID-19
- Advising an operator in relation to the establishment of a scheduled passenger air service, including on aviation regulatory matters, and drafting the principal contractual and passenger documentation in connection with the operation
- Advising an aviation business in connection with a review of its aviation customer contracts
- Advising an aviation cargo business in connection with its standard form contractual documentation
- Advising an aviation business on a variety of aviation regulatory matters involving consideration of United Kingdom aviation sector laws and international conventions
- Advising a helicopter operator on United Kingdom aviation regulatory matters arising in connection with the acquisition of another operator
- University of Bristol, LL.M.
- University of Bristol, LL.B.
- England and Wales
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom, Aviation, 2013-2021
- Chambers UK guide, Aviation: Dispute Resolution, 2007-2021; Aviation: Regulatory, 2007-2018
- The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom guide, Aviation: Dispute Resolution and Regulatory, 2016-2019; Aviation Law: Regulatory, 2020
- Guide to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, 2018-2020
- Who's Who Legal: Transport, Aviation Contentious, Aviation Regulatory, 2017-2021
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017