Valarie M. Ney
Valarie Ney is an attorney in Holland & Knight's Tysons office. Ms. Ney's mergers and acquisitions experience involves the full range of M&A transactions, including public company mergers and spin-offs, private company acquisitions and dispositions, auctions, joint ventures, licensing transactions, going private transactions, special committee representations and tender offers. She has advised clients in a number of cross-border transactions as well as on a variety of corporate, securities and corporate governance matters. As part of her governance practice, Ms. Ney regularly advises clients on disclosure, compliance and governance matters arising out of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, stock exchange rules and corporate laws. Her practice involves several industries, including government contracting, pharmaceutical, healthcare, energy, technology and manufacturing.
Ms. Ney's representative transactions include:
- advising MAXIMUS Inc. in the acquisition of $400 million of assets from General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- advising SOS International LLC in the acquisition of STG Group Holdings Inc.
- advising Blue Wolf Capital in its acquisition of a majority of the business of Tenon Holdings Ltd., a New Zealand-based public company that manufactures and distributes specialty building products
- advising a multinational pharmaceutical company dually listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in multiple public and private acquisitions, divestitures and licensing agreements
- advising a NYSE-listed healthcare services company in its $6.3 billion acquisition of a healthcare insurance provider
- advising a Chinese company in multiple rounds of pre-initial public offering (IPO) equity financing issuances to an international group of investors
- advising a British Columbia investment manager in its participation in a multinational consortium acquisition of a NYSE-listed energy services company for $4.7 billion in total consideration
- advising a Chinese internet video streaming company in its $1.2 billion issuance and sale of ordinary shares to a Chinese e-commerce company
- advising a NASDAQ-listed biopharmaceutical company in its acquisition by a global specialty biopharmaceutical company for total consideration of $4.2 billion
- advising a petrochemical company listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) in a proposed, but terminated, $2 billion combination of its styrenic block copolymer business with a NYSE-listed U.S. manufacturer
- advising a U.S.-based private equity firm in its $1 billion sale of a multinational software development company to a United Kingdom-based private equity firm
- advising a multinational financial services company on the acquisition of certain North American power and natural gas trading assets from an international joint venture
- advising a NYSE-listed integrated energy company in its proposed, but terminated, $6 billion spin-off of its electric transmission business to a NYSE-listed independent electricity transmission company in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction
- advising on the issuance and sale by a Fortune 200 company of a 15 percent equity interest to a China-based sovereign wealth fund
- advising a NYSE-listed packaging and building products company in connection with the spin-off of its real estate division and bank holding company
- advising a venture capital investor in its proposed $27 million investment in a startup company developing small-scale wastewater treatment facilities
- advising a NYSE-listed electric power holding company in the spin-off of its natural gas business
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Bowdoin College, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Holland & Knight Rising Star, Class of 2020