Gwyn O'Flynn is an English law-qualified solicitor who concentrates her practice on aircraft transactional work (fixed wing and helicopters) and the commercial aspects of aviation, including aircraft management, aircraft leasing, multi-aircraft lease novation projects, fleet purchases and fleet sales. She advises lessors and operators on cross-border operational and leasing issues, as well as maintenance and other aviation supplier companies on commercial contracts. In addition, Ms. O'Flynn handles corporate aircraft work advising private owners in connection with the operation, management, financing, sale and purchase of business aircraft.
Ms. O'Flynn's representative matters include:
- has represented one of the world's largest helicopter leasing companies since 2010 in connection with its cross-border leasing, purchases and sales of new and used helicopters
- represents many fixed wing leasing companies in connection with their portfolio sales/novations and their cross-border leasing of used passenger and cargo aircraft
- represents a number of high-net-worth individuals in connection with their sale and purchase of new and used corporate jets
Before qualifying as a solicitor, Ms. O'Flynn spent a number of years working at one of the largest aviation insurance brokers in London, which included a six-month secondment to the insurance department of GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) in Ireland, gaining a valuable understanding of commercial aviation transactions and the operation of the aviation market.
- BPP Law School United Kingdom, LPC
- Chartered Insurance Institute, ACII
- University of London, LL.B.
- Skerry's Business College, ICM
- England and Wales
- International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT)
- International Aviation Women's Association (IAWA)
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom, Aviation, 2013-2021; Asset Finance and Leasing, 2018, 2019; Transport Finance and Leasing, 2020, 2021
- Best in Aviation, Finalist, Euromoney Legal Media Group Europe Women in Business Law, 2019, 2020
- Guides to the World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers, Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, 2019, 2020