Karin Oko is a Jacksonville litigation attorney with more than 15 years of experience in trial advocacy and commercial and general civil litigation, representing clients in federal and state courts and corporate law.
Ms. Oko's defense litigation practice includes management of insurance coverage cases, homeowners' insurance disputes and general carrier representation. Additionally, she has extensive experience defending personal injury litigation, medical and legal malpractice cases, and products and premises liability matters.
As part of her extensive consumer finance law practice, she has primarily represented financial institutions, including national and state banks, mortgage lenders and servicers, auto finance companies and credit card issuers in arbitration and litigation. Ms. Oko's practice includes contested foreclosure matters, appeals, title defects, homeowners insurance disputes and loss mitigation. She also advises clients regarding alleged federal and state regulatory violations, including claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), among other state and federal consumer protection laws.
Ms. Oko's experience spans working for large firms in multiple areas of commercial and civil litigation while also serving as escalation counsel for high-risk litigation and client reputational risk issues. She is well-versed in handling cases from inception through trial and appeal with a successful record of arguing before Florida's appellate courts.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., with honors
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, M.A., summa cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Nova Law Review, Articles Editor
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Holland & Knight Pro Bono All-Star, 2020
- Moot Court Society, Nova Southeastern University